Why cant we get 4.4?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon phones, particularly the DROID line, are up to Verizon when they will update not the manufacturer. Verizon have to test their bloat and auction off more space on your phone first. All seriousness droid line phones are Verizon's show phone that is supposed to be what they think and feel a phone should be (ie nexus but Verizon's vision and not Google's). Verizon is going to take their time even more now after the thunderbolt fiasco. Looks like the Motorola x line, providing lenovo does not change things, will be the device to buy if you want fast updates. All other devices have to deal with skins, custom manufacturer software, custom carrier software, and hardware limitations (which should no longer be the case with kit Kat).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Wait for me or wait for the "4.4 is coming for the past effin' 5 months?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wait for me or wait for the "4.4 is coming for the past effin' 5 months?

And in the end..what does it matter how long it takes? How many people do you know that ask you: "what version of Android do you have?" Does anyone just stop you in the street and ask that? At social gatherings? At cookouts? A lot of people don't even know the difference between the Android OS and the Droid line of phones. Our phones are meant to keep us in touch with the people that are important to us..who really cares what OS is installed on the phone? Some people do...and that's cool...technology is a passion for some...and a hobby for others. But, the average user has no idea what OS is installed on their phone right now, this minute, and nor do they care. A new OS should not be the deciding factor in phone happiness. If someone doesn't like their phone on Android Jelly Bean, they probably won't like it on Android Snicker-Doodle 22 either! Updates will be released when they are released...we cannot change that. There are much bigger issues in life than what OS our phone has on it today.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I just want my phone stop being so damn buggy!

Every week this thing has some new issue, and its not just me. Like when I get in the car, oh it pairs, but music? Some days yes, some days no... why? Who knows. When the battery is low, it will show say 14%, then quickly jump to 4%. The horrific touch screen response time (many BIG reviewers have brought this one up). The lag, even after a cache wipe is really bad at times.

I could go on, I dont know why people get so offended when I get down and gritty about these issues.

I said it before and I will say it again, its sad that my old iPod Touch 4th Gen (almost 5 years old) out performs this thing.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Every week this thing has some new issue, and its not just me. Like when I get in the car, oh it pairs, but music? Some days yes, some days no... why? Who knows. When the battery is low, it will show say 14%, then quickly jump to 4%. The horrific touch screen response time (many BIG reviewers have brought this one up). The lag, even after a cache wipe is really bad at times.

I could go on, I dont know why people get so offended when I get down and gritty about these issues.

I said it before and I will say it again, its sad that my old iPod Touch 4th Gen (almost 5 years old) out performs this thing.

I don't think people are getting offended when you "get down and gritty". They are annoyed by your constant whining and complaining about issues that numerous people have given you suggestions on how to fix. Why you continue to ramble on about the same issues repeatedly without trying to fix them yourself, I still don't know. I don't even frequent this site as much as I used to, but one thing is for certain almost every time I check the recent threads: You whining in this thread. Even when it was confirmed that your phone would receive 4.4, you still manage to complain. Find some joy in your life - it can't be healthy to constantly be such a grouch about such a non-issue in life.

Please, DON'T go on. We have all read it before and every time you post you bring absolutely nothing productive to the thread.

We know you have said this before. And we are hoping you'll stop. No one cares about the performance on your iPod touch.

jermort

Reaction score
Well gosh, I really like my RMHD! Constantly amazes me. I do reboot about once a week just because. I, personally am looking forward to KikKat, just to satisfy my inner geek. I wouldn't trade my razr for three of my son's messed up iPhones!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well gosh, I really like my RMHD! Constantly amazes me. I do reboot about once a week just because. I, personally am looking forward to KikKat, just to satisfy my inner geek. I wouldn't trade my razr for three of my son's messed up iPhones!

:rockon:

lloydsw

Reaction score
I think it's a fact the vast majority of this series are happy with their phone. The sales figures don't lie. If the phone was a dud, sales would have reflected it. Sure, by today's standards, it's getting a little old. Sure, we can drool over quad-core processors, generous memory, etc. But the fact is my HD works great as a phone (it's primary task), and more than reasonably well as a camera, gps, calendar, camcorder, mp3 player, address book, etc.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The horrific touch screen response time (many BIG reviewers have brought this one up).

I don't even understand this comment?!?! Where do YOU find BIG reviews?
YouTube, right? And BIG means they got 20,000 views?

These are "BIG" reviews. Some of the biggest on the internet.

Nothing here about "horrific touch screen response":
Motorola Razr HD review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar

or here:
Motorola Droid Razr HD (Verizon) review - CNET

Endadget certainly could be argued to be one of THE biggest review sites:
Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD review

That one mentions keyboard lag but nothing about "horrific touch screen response"....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And in the end..what does it matter how long it takes? How many people do you know that ask you: "what version of Android do you have?" Does anyone just stop you in the street and ask that? At social gatherings? At cookouts? A lot of people don't even know the difference between the Android OS and the Droid line of phones. Our phones are meant to keep us in touch with the people that are important to us..who really cares what OS is installed on the phone? Some people do...and that's cool...technology is a passion for some...and a hobby for others. But, the average user has no idea what OS is installed on their phone right now, this minute, and nor do they care. A new OS should not be the deciding factor in phone happiness. If someone doesn't like their phone on Android Jelly Bean, they probably won't like it on Android Snicker-Doodle 22 either! Updates will be released when they are released...we cannot change that. There are much bigger issues in life than what OS our phone has on it today.
Very good point plus updating to kit Kat does not end the bugs. 4.4.2 has a nasty battery drain bug hence Google kicking out 4.4.3 as a MR. If you want fast updates get a nexus, Google edition, or moto x. I was one who disliked slow ota which is why I bought a nexus 5. I distinctly remember telling Jimmy about the moto x and providing him a link to buy the moto x when Motorola was selling it at the same price as the nexus 5. So at this point if he chose to stay with his current phone then he need to understand he is choosing slow updates.

Are you just trolling or really wanting a fix because there are countless options right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2