Why cant we get 4.4?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
But look at the list.... I wasnt expecting a totally revamped OS, but the list indicated a fresh GUI. I dont see it.

newmanx4

Reaction score
(Just a thought)
You might consider doing a factory reset after the update. Quite a few of our members on the S4 forum had a variety of issues (after the KK update) and after doing a factory reset, everything was smooth as buttah. (It's also worked on other models)

tap'n

Definitely a good idea. I always do a factory reset after an update just to clean out any old files left over from the previous version.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

LuKiKi

Reaction score
android is made by google. nexus devices are made by google and get the latest android operating system because they are google products and are tested with the newest operating system before the operating system is released. samsung and htc for example are not a part of google they simply use the android operating system. google has to allow them to get and update the operating system and can only test with it after it is released. plus the carrier for the phones also has to test the operating system on the phone first to make sure it works correctly which takes quite a while. apple devices get their updates right away because they are made by apple and dont have to ask another company for permission because apple devices are the only devices that run ios. apple tests the updates on the their devices before the updates are released and makes sure they work and if they work they will give it to the device upon release date. so if you want an android that gets updates right away get nexus device.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
android is made by google. nexus devices are made by google and get the latest android operating system because they are google products and are tested with the newest operating system before the operating system is released. samsung and htc for example are not a part of google they simply use the android operating system. google has to allow them to get and update the operating system and can only test with it after it is released. plus the carrier for the phones also has to test the operating system on the phone first to make sure it works correctly which takes quite a while. apple devices get their updates right away because they are made by apple and dont have to ask another company for permission because apple devices are the only devices that run ios. apple tests the updates on the their devices before the updates are released and makes sure they work and if they work they will give it to the device upon release date. so if you want an android that gets updates right away get nexus device.

Yeah, so basically, Nexus is the iPhone of Androids?

Anyway, does anyone know how to do a Cache Wipe? I cant do it anymore after this new "update".

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
To do a cache wipe follow the same directions for the Moto X.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
It's a little different with 4.4.2.
Power phone Off
Hold Power & Vol Up/Down
Use Vol Down to Recovery
Hit Vol Up
At Android Triage No Command hold Vol Up & hit Power
Scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition
Hit Power
The cache will be cleared and the phone will automatically reboot.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8

Yea..... tell that to people like me that have the VZW Nexus, support was dropped by google in less than 90 days after the phones initial release.

The only saving grace was the independent developers were able to keep us with timely updates ...other than that both VZW and Google gave us the shaft.

My response..:cus:

pksopp

Reaction score
Definitely a good idea. I always do a factory reset after an update just to clean out any old files left over from the previous version.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

I started a thread in the other RMHD section - maybe that was a mistake....anyway, do you think that a FDR could assist with cellular/wifi signal dropping? issues seem to pop up when I am on wifi, that connection drops after 3-5 min and takes the cellular with it.

Sorry to post in both places, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue b4 i do an FDR.

Thanks!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It certainly wouldn't hurt to do a FDR. It's been advised on many of our forums across many make/model devices, to perform a factory reset after a major OS update such this. (of course others have gotten along just fine without one) I think it's a personal call.
Good luck!

tap'n

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

WOW, aint that the truth. There is absolutely no difference with this "update" except having to waste time with ring tones, settings that were reset, etc. NO new wallpaper, no big deal.

Where is the "Ok Google"? Where is the speed? Why is there still effing useless disabled discontinued bloatware?

WOW, they changed the fonts! And the icons look like they did in 4.0.

Also, what is the dealio with the Moto Protect your phone thing, are you in? I say yes, and it just sits there, asks me for the Google account I want to use, I select it, and nothing, just keeps loading, and should the phone go to sleep mode, it just stops and goes back to the lock screen. This phone is such a fail.

My mother who has a "dumb phone" asked if I would sell this to her when I upgrade and I told her with all honesty, I would not give it to her for free. Its not right to do that to someone.

Oh, another rant... I open the Navigation, and this thing used to have "Current Location" automatically selected, now I have to manually select it? SMH this phone is a pile.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

SMH this phone is a pile.

If that were my phone I would sell it and buy a different phone and move on. You don't have to wait for your contract window to do that.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I think he needs an iPhone. : ) Or someone to steal his keyboard.

regedit

Reaction score
Not true jimmy. After the update, this is by far the fastest phone i have ever used (and i have used up iPhone 5s as well). Yes prior to that it lag and was stupid i agree but all is fixed now. Even the gps accurately sites your location in Google maps. If you don't want that phone, send ot to me and I'll pay you shipping to Australia.

Sent from Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Don't address the issues just hate like fan boys. Where are the features promised?