why 2.2 upgrade?

IIIVanishIII

Reaction score
Honestly what was the point? Froyo is more complicated, harder to use, has compatability issues with apps I was already using, and drains my battery in 1 day instead of three, was there any benefits at all to forcing my phone to upgrade besides the 2 extra app screens that I'm probably not going to use because I liked the way I had it set up already? I'm almost angry enough to switch to iphone...

:icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

cromo8

Reaction score
BLASPHEMY

lets see, runs faster, has flash player so you can do whatever you want on the internet now browse and veiw whatever video you want even play games, more apps and more support for your platform as new apps will start only working on 2.2 and above pretty soon, apps to sd

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not at my computer right now so I don't have the link that explains all the great features that 2.2 brings. How you can say that its harder to use is beyond me. Try going to Verizon's site and look at the support page so you can understand it.

Or go get an iPhone. 2.2 is a great update.

Xemnova

Reaction score
Well it there is another update for froyo coming out to smooth it out. Mostly it was for a speedier system. The crappy 20 extra bucks a month tethering program they gave droid users or the hotspot for other android systems. A big part is you will be able to use flash. If new updates for all your apps don't come out there isn't much you can do about that. That is up to the creator to do him/her self.

OP
I

IIIVanishIII

Reaction score
Sorry but no, you're wrong, the update made my phone slower for the same reason my battery now drains 300% faster - I now have twice as many system apps running in the background, and any video playing upgrade is lost on me because I still cant watch divx, novamov, or vlc files, so to hookbill and cromo8 who felt a need to talk down to me, you're both kindof dumb and self absorbed, and you can both feel free to bite my banana.

:icon_ banana: :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

OP
I

IIIVanishIII

Reaction score
P.S. @ xemnova - thank you for having the decency to try to answer my question with a rational, logic based, mutually respectful manner, these other nubbs could take some lessons in common courtesy from you.

cromo8

Reaction score
haha are you serious right now, talk down to you how exactlly?

your battery draining faster is a mystery youre just not using your phone correctly try a task killer altho they dont work IMO

but yeah why dont you go get an iphone instead we dont need talking about other members of this forums like you are, we are trying to help everyone here

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but it sounds to me That you don't understand how the Droid works. Let me ask you. Do you use a task killer?

OP
I

IIIVanishIII

Reaction score
@hookbill - since you now seem to be capable of a civilized discussion, yes I do use "advanced task killer" it is how I was able to notice that there are twice as many system apps running at all times, and my availible memory dropped from an average of 65-80 m down to an average of 30-40 m...

cromo8

Reaction score
BTW i see you posted a poll now look at the results, its just you who doesnt know how to use a phone

Oh and the update was optional btw you didnt have to select install

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
so to hookbill and cromo8 who felt a need to talk down to me, you're both kindof dumb and self absorbed, and you can both feel free to bite my banana.

:icon_ banana: :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:
Don't make hook unleash one of his wild Parrots on you. No need to call these guys dumb now is there?

Play nice or we'll will be forced to come over to your house and take your computer away.

cromo8

Reaction score
haha you just wanna feel like a tough guy go ahead make yourself feel better i was trying to help i gave you exactly what you wanted, you asked what the update did and i gave it to you

as far as changing my name to call me gay that was totally uncalled for but youre the ones who is gonna be warned not me

i may not be big in the community but youre a nooblet(as in new member)

and i try to help people

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought so. And that's part of the reason you're having issues.

ATK is a bad idea. It may sound logical in premise but the truth is it interferes with the Droids ability to manage its own memory. Again I'm not at my computer but we've demonstrated this through Google's findings and research. I just don't have a link for you. I'd start by getting rid of ATK. I hear it works poorly with froyo anyway.

OP
I

IIIVanishIII

Reaction score
@homo8 - No, you could have answered my question without being a jerk, and i could care less about getting "warned" because appearently this site (with the exeption of xemnova) is nothing but choads like you who need to gang up and talk down on people who may have a different opinion than yourself, even these BS mods are incapable of answering a simple ****ing question without sounding condescending and insulting so they can "warn" me all they want, **** them, you, this site, and everyone else who cant have a discussion without being a cocky little ###, this obviously isn't a place to come for answers, it's where one comes to be insulted and you can all go to hell.

Last edited by a moderator: