Who's jumping ship?

EVSP

Reaction score
Kudos and +1 to that. I better not see you slobbin' over the Nexus when it comes out though! The rezound for the most part has proven to be solid.

Lol.. honestly I kept seeing more issues or quirks happening on the Nexus with features I felt were important to me and how I'd use the phone ...and I was really going to hold out for the Nexus... I really didn't want to settle for this Rezound but I hadnt researched anything about it because I had my mind made up.. then I realized I hadn't given the Rezound a fair shot. Everything I liked about the Nexus was based on rumors and speculation and everything the Rezound had to offer was available for me to do real research and actually hold in my hand, unlike the Nexus.. so, here I am.. it won me over, obviously lol... This phone had exactly what I was looking for ... Even if the Nexus turns out to be some superior phone over the Rezound, I'll still be happy with my purchase. I'm not a phone hopper and I certainly can't afford to be one, either .. TOO expensive!! ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

pedromartinez

Reaction score
U must not have to much knowledge on HTC phones.. HTC is leading all mfr in updating phones and there great with phone support them and moto are by far leading the pack in these categorys...the only one they dropped the ball on was the bolt and we still got the update months before charge owners.. So not sure what ur carrying on about!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

You read my mind. I was referring to the Thunderbolt. I really like the Rezound. I just don't want to wait for ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Returned my Rezound moments ago... Couldn't imagine myself waiting over half a year for an ICS update.

I based that estimate on past delivery dates of Android updates for HTC phones as opposed to their announced estimate.

Feel good about my decision. Knowing that the Nexus out performed the Rezound while under-clocked was bothering me. Because I knew we would be able to set the Nexus' clock at 1.5 and get even better performance.

I personally would never buy a Samsung phone, they are build like crap, all I know my HTC Incredible still runs like new, and I have owned one of the first ones from its initial release, this phone is just Incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
....Everything I liked about the Nexus was based on rumors and speculation and everything the Rezound had to offer was available for me to do real research and actually hold in my hand, unlike the Nexus.. so, here I am.. ...
I did a lot of reading about the T-Bolt, Bionic, Razr, a little bit on the Rezound, and what I could find on the Nexus. Told myself over and over, that I'd have to wait for the Nexus to come out, then wait about a month for the bugs to show up or the reviews to show up from folks who had the Nexus for more than two days, and then make a decision. Then a few things happened all at once. Saw some very positive (glowing) reviews from Rezound users, saw a lengthy, (non-flattering, IMHO) video review of the Nexus, and finally walked in to the Verizon store and held those phones in my hand (except for the Nexus, of course). That sold me. The Razr was just too big. The Bionic was already out of consideration, as was the T-Bolt. And the Nexus will be 1/3rd of an inch longer than the Rezound! Too much. Bought the Rezound and waited until I walked out to my car to write my first review of it. (Kidding). Pleased as punch with the Rezound, after living with a Droid 2 for a year.
Now my only regret will be that perhaps VZW will drop the price of the Rezound when the Nexus shows up. (If they do by the 15th of this month, I may be able to get a credit :>)

kparks

Reaction score
You read my mind. I was referring to the Thunderbolt. I really like the Rezound. I just don't want to wait for ICS.

Ahhh so ur saying u just want ICS asap.. ok that makes a lil more sense I'm sure HTC would of delivered the ICS in a timely matter don't forget the bolt was a first for vzw and htc they got a lot straightened out with the rezound. I do think u are going to be disappointed in the build quality tho looks like ur using a d3 now a solid device and the rezound to me felt great in the hand... Samsung products not so much they give me that cheep plastic feel.

kparks

Reaction score
I personally would never buy a Samsung phone, they are build like crap, all I know my HTC Incredible still runs like new, and I have owned one of the first ones from its initial release, this phone is just Incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

exactly how I feel I just wrote the same thing..lol

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Have to agree with most, HTC really has done their homework since the T-bolt. I love this phone so much the way it is, I don't even care about s-off at the moment. The most under rated phone to date....you can have the g-nex, this baby is all me....

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
As it stands the only thing that the Rezound has over the Galaxy Nexus is the processor that specializes in HD decoding hence both phones having HD displays. The Rezound has higher clock speeds on the processor and the GPU, presumably to keep with the resource-hungry Sense, thus both phones processors and GPU will end up offering about the same performance outside of HD decoding (which isn't very noticeable) unless the Rezound gets rooted with S-OFF and gets an AOSP ROM.

It remains to be seen if the Galaxy Nexus' processor will play as nicely with LTE as the Rezound's, presumably due to the fact the Rezound has a processor and LTE chip that are made by Qualcomm.

EVSP

Reaction score
I did a lot of reading about the T-Bolt, Bionic, Razr, a little bit on the Rezound, and what I could find on the Nexus. Told myself over and over, that I'd have to wait for the Nexus to come out, then wait about a month for the bugs to show up or the reviews to show up from folks who had the Nexus for more than two days, and then make a decision. Then a few things happened all at once. Saw some very positive (glowing) reviews from Rezound users, saw a lengthy, (non-flattering, IMHO) video review of the Nexus, and finally walked in to the Verizon store and held those phones in my hand (except for the Nexus, of course). That sold me. The Razr was just too big. The Bionic was already out of consideration, as was the T-Bolt. And the Nexus will be 1/3rd of an inch longer than the Rezound! Too much. Bought the Rezound and waited until I walked out to my car to write my first review of it. (Kidding). Pleased as punch with the Rezound, after living with a Droid 2 for a year.
Now my only regret will be that perhaps VZW will drop the price of the Rezound when the Nexus shows up. (If they do by the 15th of this month, I may be able to get a credit :>)

I feel the same... Although no matter what happens, I'm sticking with my Rezound... I'll hit the point of no return for 2 years this Sunday :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
No plans to and no reason to return mine. While there are a couple of shortcomings for me, they are far outweighed by all the positives.

nbucko

Reaction score
I'm still waiting. About two months ago when I heard about the RAZR, Rezound and Nexus I had initially not considered the Rezound because it was an HTC product and I worried about build quality and overall issues (see the TB). Went to the store to see a RAZR and Rezound but they only had the RAZR which was way too wide for me. After hearing all the good things about the Rezound I've decided to keep it as an option.

I was really hoping that the Rezound would get s-off while I was waiting for the Nexus so that I could decide. While ICS is neat I'm more interested in quality phone that I can make my own with ROMs.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Returned my Rezound moments ago... Couldn't imagine myself waiting over half a year for an ICS update.

I based that estimate on past delivery dates of Android updates for HTC phones as opposed to their announced estimate.

Feel good about my decision. Knowing that the Nexus out performed the Rezound while under-clocked was bothering me. Because I knew we would be able to set the Nexus' clock at 1.5 and get even better performance.

Everyone is entitled to their own, but remember the disaster the xoom was with a new os release?? My opinion still stands, the g-nex is way too over hyped....just sayin

cp24eva

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their own, but remember the disaster the xoom was with a new os release?? My opinion still stands, the g-nex is way too over hyped....just sayin
Like the Bionic was. All I heard was Bionic this and Bionic that. So I bought into it and got one. Was OK, but now I'm at the rezound. And it's working swell so far.