Who still enjoys their Phone?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by ChevyNexus, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my GNex today and I gotta say, much better than my old RAZR.

2. pjkump

pjkump Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree, battery life is pretty pathetic. I absolutely love my phone and how it operates/runs but I have resorted to carrying a spare battery around when I don't have access to a charger. I am lucky to get 8-10 hours with 1-1.5 hours screen time with the extended 2100mah battery.

This is all with sync off, gps off, 4g off, bluetooth off, and screen on auto. I tried running the screen on 20% but that was a real pain in the ass when I went outside and couldn't see anything to even turn the screen back up.

3. rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery can't be any worse than the RAZR. At 4 hours with that thing I'm at 20%

4. jmcdonald

jmcdonald Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Love Gnex. Battery life is so-so but with all the ROMs and customization options available you will get plenty of life out of it. I have not had any of the hardware problems others have and I have had mine since 3 weeks after launch. Since VZW only releases locked down phones this is definitely the best they have to offer. I had the OG Droid before this and don't know if I could deal with a phone that wasn't unlockable. The Nexus program is the best Android experience for those of us that like to tinker and make the phone our own.

5. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,120
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    I still love my GNex.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hugg727

Hugg727 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the battery life is an issue, but one that is easily addressed through the developers community. If you are still having battery issues, like I keep reading in this thread, its your own fault. the fixes are out there for you, just go apply them.

As I type this, my phone is sitting next to me running 4.1.2 and I had it on JB the day after it was released. I read an article this morning that the US Galaxy S3 may not see JB until 2013! With the rumors of a new Nexus coming out soon, I am sure that we will all be on Key Lime Pie by then. This is why, while somewhat under powered, the Nexus is a great phone. The devs have done a great job and will continue to do the same for this phone next year as well.

7. MonKENy

MonKENy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    its not "his own fault" he shouldnt have to mod a phone to get these types of results. Thats just stupid logic. Thats like Buying a car and them putting a lousy engine it. And then you telling the person well, you have access to people who build engines you should put a new one in. Its your fault that your car isnt doing what you want.

If a developer can make the phone run better then the manufacture should have done that from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  8. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Should work properly out of the box. I didn't pay to tinker with it

• Like Like x 2
  9. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I still enjoy it. I don't like the plastic body however. I envy phones like the RAZR HD

10. jadine4498

jadine4498 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still enjoying mine:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

11. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Ironic because I did. ;)

Seriously though, I agree that you shouldn't have to modify your phone to get it in working order. The update to JB fixed all my signal issues. My advice is if its still not performing to your standards:

1. Get a CLNR before your manufacturer warranty expires

2. Get a new device

The Nexus does not have great radios but they have been adequate for me. If they don't meet your expectations, then you should consider switching to a device with better radios. Just something to consider.

As for battery life, its long been known that LTE destroys battery. The Nexus does not have life comparable to phones such as the SGS3 or Maxx. If battery life is very important to you:

1. Get a 3800 extended battery

2. Switch to a device with better battery

And I apologize if I come across as rude, but those really are your only options if you don't want to experiment with modifying your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I want to root my device but tbh unless I know how to do it and have someone help me I don't wanna experiment on my own. It's not the rooting process that I can't do, it's the Roms etc.

The battery on the nexus is worse than the thunderbolt.

Search tags for this page
como flashear un htc6435l

hard reset htc6435l

htc6435l

htc6435l 4g hard reset

htc6435l factory reset

htc6435l hard reset
htc6435l master reset
htc6435l unlocked
liberar htc6435l
verizon htc6435l hard reset