Who's jumping ship?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by androidgeek, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ahhh so ur saying u just want ICS asap.. ok that makes a lil more sense I'm sure HTC would of delivered the ICS in a timely matter don't forget the bolt was a first for vzw and htc they got a lot straightened out with the rezound. I do think u are going to be disappointed in the build quality tho looks like ur using a d3 now a solid device and the rezound to me felt great in the hand... Samsung products not so much they give me that cheep plastic feel.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

2. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    exactly how I feel I just wrote the same thing..lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. mrksbrd

mrksbrd Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Twitter:
    mrksbrd
    Have to agree with most, HTC really has done their homework since the T-bolt. I love this phone so much the way it is, I don't even care about s-off at the moment. The most under rated phone to date....you can have the g-nex, this baby is all me....

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

4. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As it stands the only thing that the Rezound has over the Galaxy Nexus is the processor that specializes in HD decoding hence both phones having HD displays. The Rezound has higher clock speeds on the processor and the GPU, presumably to keep with the resource-hungry Sense, thus both phones processors and GPU will end up offering about the same performance outside of HD decoding (which isn't very noticeable) unless the Rezound gets rooted with S-OFF and gets an AOSP ROM.

It remains to be seen if the Galaxy Nexus' processor will play as nicely with LTE as the Rezound's, presumably due to the fact the Rezound has a processor and LTE chip that are made by Qualcomm.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

5. EVSP

EVSP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel the same... Although no matter what happens, I'm sticking with my Rezound... I'll hit the point of no return for 2 years this Sunday :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

6. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No plans to and no reason to return mine. While there are a couple of shortcomings for me, they are far outweighed by all the positives.

7. nbucko

nbucko Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm still waiting. About two months ago when I heard about the RAZR, Rezound and Nexus I had initially not considered the Rezound because it was an HTC product and I worried about build quality and overall issues (see the TB). Went to the store to see a RAZR and Rezound but they only had the RAZR which was way too wide for me. After hearing all the good things about the Rezound I've decided to keep it as an option.

I was really hoping that the Rezound would get s-off while I was waiting for the Nexus so that I could decide. While ICS is neat I'm more interested in quality phone that I can make my own with ROMs.

8. mrksbrd

mrksbrd Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Twitter:
    mrksbrd
    Everyone is entitled to their own, but remember the disaster the xoom was with a new os release?? My opinion still stands, the g-nex is way too over hyped....just sayin

9. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Like the Bionic was. All I heard was Bionic this and Bionic that. So I bought into it and got one. Was OK, but now I'm at the rezound. And it's working swell so far.

10. pedromartinez

pedromartinez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "the g-nex is way too over hyped" ...That is an adroit display of logic. Everyone that has reviewed the Galaxy Nexus has said that this is the best Android phone they have ever used.

11. cp24eva

cp24eva Member

Ratings:
    +9
    The phone is not even out yet. Very few have used it. Let the normal consumer use it for day to day tasking and various odd things and then you will get a true gauge of how it works. I'm not saying it will or wont be good, we just don't know yet. lol.