Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know you're a heat fan, and not some wagoner, you've said it and I believe you. I can respect that, but it's just hard to pick out who the real fans are vs the wagoners. And I've dealt with wagoners, I'm from the Bay Area and the Warrior wagon was stronger than ever back in 07, and being a Mavs fan, I got the brunt of it. Hell, there's still some fans who bring up 07, ok buddy, that was 5 years ago...get over it, you haven't been to the playoffs since and since then we've become champs.

I know you're the only one rooting for the heat in here, we're not trying to gang up on ya. I'm just voicing my opinion on how I'm seeing the games and I know you don't agree with some of it (which is fine and expected when talking sports). I seem like a "hater" now because they're the most picked apart team in the NBA, constantly under a microscope. I'll be honest, I never liked the Heat, but I had respect for them especially after our 06 loss to them in the Finals. However, what they've mostly said and done the past 2 seasons has made me lose respect for them, especially Wade, who imo, has become a child ever since teaming up with his buddies (the coughing incident was the final straw for me). Yeah it's nice to see friends playing the game they love together and competing, but since they've join they're a bunch of hypocrites. Talk of sportsmanship, maturity, integrity, etc., they have gone against their own words. Prematurely celebrating by the opponents bench, off court antics in front of the camera, showboating in blowout wins, excessive flopping, and the list goes on for me.

Look I understand the hype and the attention they get (2 of the top 5 players on one team, and their "lacky" is one of the best PF in the league), but the way they've carried themselves draws all the negativity. I mean look at SA, did you ever hear of their big 3 partying, showboating, or promising of championships? No. There's a professionalism of the sport that must be followed, and they've broken that code, imo. As Barkley says, "They a whiny bunch". As talented and skilled as these 3 are, do you really think the league needs the 3 of them to be crybabies? If they carried themselves better, I'd have some respect for them, but ever since they formed their "superteam" they've done nothing to earn any from me.

As to all the "haters". This Heat team was going to win a ring eventually, as much as I hate to say it. They're too talented not to win a ring and considering the series record right now, it seems they'll get it. I'm not giving up on OKC, because if it's any team that can fight back it's this team, but they're their own worst enemy. I won't congratulate the Heat team, but those fans who stuck by their team (and I know there aren't many true heat fans) through those 5 years (pre-superteam) of struggling in the playoffs. I know how it feels to be rooting for a team that seems so successful, but just can't get over that hump of "playoff team vs contender". And if there's one person in the Heat organization I would congratulate, it's Pat Riley. Riley is truly a legend in the league:hail:

You definitely make some valid points and I do agree with you on many of them. I'll always stick by my South Florida teams through the good times and the bad (and true fans like yourself know what I mean), and to tell you the truth, I haven't been very happy with a lot of the Heat players, staff, direction they've taken the team over the past few years either. I miss the Heat team back when Alonzo Mourning was our main star. Zo played with integrity and was a good guy on AND off the court. (to this day he STILL does so much for S.Florida and his community and that's why he'll always be my favorite Heat player) The sad part is, professional sports has been going down hill for the last 10 years or so. (regardless of whether it's the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc) There is no loyalty among players, teams and even fans these days. It's all about the money and reaching "star status", and thats ashame. That's what ruins the game as a whole. You said it all in comment 360...."Equality in sports is diminishing year after year, that goes for every sport (at least the ones I watch)", I couldn't agree more.
So while we don't always see eye to eye on this years Finals, I can and do appreciate your point of view as you make so extremely valid points.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You definitely make some valid points and I do agree with you on many of them. I'll always stick by my South Florida teams through the good times and the bad (and true fans like yourself know what I mean), and to tell you the truth, I haven't been very happy with a lot of the Heat players, staff, direction they've taken the team over the past few years either. I miss the Heat team back when Alonzo Mourning was our main star. Zo played with integrity and was a good guy on AND off the court. (to this day he STILL does so much for S.Florida and his community and that's why he'll always be my favorite Heat player) The sad part is, professional sports has been going down hill for the last 10 years or so. (regardless of whether it's the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc) There is no loyalty among players, teams and even fans these days. It's all about the money and reaching "star status", and thats ashame. That's what ruins the game as a whole. You said it all in comment 360...."Equality in sports is diminishing year after year, that goes for every sport (at least the ones I watch)", I couldn't agree more.
So while we don't always see eye to eye on this years Finals, I can and do appreciate your point of view as you make so extremely valid points.
Some new found respect for you (not that I didn't respect you already). I am always down to talk basketball, but everytime it heads towards an argument, intentions are missed and people get offended. And especially you being a Heat fan, and me pretty much anti-Heat, we've kept it at a respectable debate and not an argument, so I know you're a true fan (wagoner would've had their fit already).

Riley is doing a superb job like he's always done, he's assembled the right pieces, but it's the mindset of those pieces that hurt their character. Zo is a person, not just a player, that I have a high amount of respect for, for the same reasons you love him. Loyalty is hard to find, especially when you get paid millions, but players like Duncan, Durant, Nash (poor poor Nash), Rose, Dirk, and a handful of others are what young fans should look at. I don't like the direction the NBA is going in; superteam after superteam, but it's something that can't be stopped.

Integrity of the game is suffering the most. Which is why I was extremely happy to hear that Stern is addressing flopping, that is a solid start as it's become a huge problem in the league. There are other things to be addressed, but he at least started paying attention to the "red flag". Yes the Bulls of the late 90s started flopping, but since then it's getting out of hand. Nowadays you don't even need contact to get the call apparently.

I still know you don't agree with some of my points (if not all) at least you acknowledge them and not just label me as a "hater". Definitely appreciate that. Keeps things peaceful and lets the debate continue on

alboboy10

Reaction score
The problem with okc is that they're afraid to play defense because every time they do the whistle blows. I don't remember the last time Wade drove to the basket and didn't scream or make faces waiting for a foul to be called. And I actually don't remember the last time he didn't get a call.

Game four, Miami was like 1 for 30 shooting and they won because their points from the paint were at around 90 percent. And they also shot over 30 free throws. There's a reason they shot so well from the paint, not because they're a taller and stronger team (cause we all know that is not the case) but because the thunder are playing afraid. And I don't blame them.

So even if LeBron gets a ring and his stupid mvp, he's still garbage, he's still a choker and Miami heat is still a team full of divas.

And for the record I still have confidence in the thunder. They win this next game they're back home.

Let's go OKC.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a long shot albo, but it's still a shot. I'm not counting OKC out yet, but they are their own worst enemy so far. However if any team can come back, they're certainly more than capable of it. All their players just need to wake up, specifically their bigs and Harden

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Harden is a big problem. He only played well one game and if I remember right that's the game they won. He needs to step up his game and stop giving up the ball so often.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Harden is a big problem. He only played well one game and if I remember right that's the game they won. He needs to step up his game and stop giving up the ball so often.
Definitely not living up to his Sixth Man award. It's their bigs that have to play better too. Collison is the only one worth keeping out there and Brooks still refuses to give him more minutes.

As messed up as it sounds I think OKC needs to pick up a technical by KD for excessive celebration or flagrant 1 by Perkins. It'll be their wake up call and show that they don't want to give up. I love how KD is so quiet and has a quiet demeanor, but he's gotta get his squad fired up by getting himself fired up. They brought in Perk as the enforcer and anchor, he's been very quiet this series. I guarantee if he was on the Celtics still he would have at least 3 technicals by now. Boston and OKC don't get fired up the same, but I think Perk needs to give a bit of a shove and actually mean it, make these young guns realize it's the Finals and they're on the brink of elimination. Play with desperation or go home

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The past 30 years, no NBA team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficeit to win the Finals. BUT, anything is possible. With the series being as close its been, it's anyones game tonight. Should be a great game tonight, I'm looking forward to it!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The past 30 years, no NBA team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficeit to win the Finals. BUT, anything is possible. With the series being as close its been, it's anyones game tonight. Should be a great game tonight, I'm looking forward to it!
Yeah history is against OKC, but wouldn't you say they've defied it quite well so far. I mean 5 years in a new city and already reached the Finals, that's pretty darn impressive.

All the bs aside, this is a great Finals matchup. A bit more sloppy than expected, but still some great basketball going on.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Some new found respect for you (not that I didn't respect you already). I am always down to talk basketball, but everytime it heads towards an argument, intentions are missed and people get offended. And especially you being a Heat fan, and me pretty much anti-Heat, we've kept it at a respectable debate and not an argument, so I know you're a true fan (wagoner would've had their fit already).

Riley is doing a superb job like he's always done, he's assembled the right pieces, but it's the mindset of those pieces that hurt their character. Zo is a person, not just a player, that I have a high amount of respect for, for the same reasons you love him. Loyalty is hard to find, especially when you get paid millions, but players like Duncan, Durant, Nash (poor poor Nash), Rose, Dirk, and a handful of others are what young fans should look at. I don't like the direction the NBA is going in; superteam after superteam, but it's something that can't be stopped.

Integrity of the game is suffering the most. Which is why I was extremely happy to hear that Stern is addressing flopping, that is a solid start as it's become a huge problem in the league. There are other things to be addressed, but he at least started paying attention to the "red flag". Yes the Bulls of the late 90s started flopping, but since then it's getting out of hand. Nowadays you don't even need contact to get the call apparently.

I still know you don't agree with some of my points (if not all) at least you acknowledge them and not just label me as a "hater". Definitely appreciate that. Keeps things peaceful and lets the debate continue on

Very well put! :)

alboboy10

Reaction score
dezymond said:
Definitely not living up to his Sixth Man award. It's their bigs that have to play better too. Collison is the only one worth keeping out there and Brooks still refuses to give him more minutes.

As messed up as it sounds I think OKC needs to pick up a technical by KD for excessive celebration or flagrant 1 by Perkins. It'll be their wake up call and show that they don't want to give up. I love how KD is so quiet and has a quiet demeanor, but he's gotta get his squad fired up by getting himself fired up. They brought in Perk as the enforcer and anchor, he's been very quiet this series. I guarantee if he was on the Celtics still he would have at least 3 technicals by now. Boston and OKC don't get fired up the same, but I think Perk needs to give a bit of a shove and actually mean it, make these young guns realize it's the Finals and they're on the brink of elimination. Play with desperation or go home

Ye I don't understand why Collison isn't getting more minutes also. You're right about Perkins I really think he needs to go after someone and get a nice flagrant. And possibly injure that player... I don't care who it is just want it to be one of the 'big 3'.

Kd also needs to start being more aggressive. I like the fact that he's quiet too but against a team like Miami you need to be a loud mouth. They need to do this at home though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ye I don't understand why Collison isn't getting more minutes also. You're right about Perkins I really think he needs to go after someone and get a nice flagrant. And possibly injure that player... I don't care who it is just want it to be one of the 'big 3'.

Kd also needs to start being more aggressive. I like the fact that he's quiet too but against a team like Miami you need to be a loud mouth. They need to do this at home though.
KD is a very timid and laid back kind of guy, much like Duncan. Duncan doesn't get fired up often, but in the very few times I've seen him get fired up, Spurs win. KD needs to do the same, that extra boost to him will spread to his team tenfold. He doesn't need to be a loudmouth necessarily, just one nice slam and an excessive celebration much like westbrook does will fire up the team nicely. KD says he enjoys playing in other arenas, it's time for him to take over tonight and show the world and his teammates the leader that he wants to be.

Even if it does end tonight, I am not disappointed with this season overall at all. It's been a fun filled season and certainly one of the best playoffs I've seen in awhile. The team I absolutely didn't want winning may take it, but I've had years like that before, nothing different, though Heat wagon has to be one of the worst wagons I've seen in a long time...All I know is I cannot wait for next season to start, I think it'll be just as good a season.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What a way to start, sloppy play by OKC and a no call on Perkins again....

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
No ball movement too easy for Miami to defend when they know where the attacks will be. No driving and kicking out just bad tough shot after tough shot. OKC has 24 minutes to get it together.