Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Please keep it clean no flaming

ThIs ThReAd HaS BeEn ThUnDeRsTrUcK By WoZzYs T-BoLt

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. They will all get it settled right before the season starts

Boot Manager

AlexSB

Reaction score
This hurts me too much to go without an NBA season. MAYBE well have something by all star weekend, even tho it doesn't look like we'll be having any of the events

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. They will all get it settled right before the season starts

Boot Manager
Unfortunately we are already past the season's start.

I have no hope for the owners and players working this out anytime soon. I think we will definitely lose the entire season. With the NFL I felt like the players and owners wanted to work out a deal but just took them a long time to find common ground but with the NBA players and owners the level of selfishness is at an all time high.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I knew there would be no full season, but now I think there won't be a season at all. This is a serious lockout issue, what the NFL went through is a complete joke as to what the NBA is going through right now. Both parties are worlds apart on a deal and there's even some word of bickering within the NBPA. We have alot of stars that are past their prime and nearing the end of their storied careers (Duncan, Kidd, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, etc.) and it's sad to see these players having their limited time left in the league wasted.

I personally blame the players, but greed is the main evil here. Owners have always spoiled their team and now they want some of that money back.

That being said....looks like my Mavs are champs by default:p

Last edited:

SniperDroid

Reaction score

Your asking the wrong questions...

It would be more complete for the conversation to ask: "Who HOPE's the NBA Season is Cancelled "?

And you could take the conversation even further to ask "Who CARE's if the NBA Season is Cancelled"?

Now you have a REAL THREAD!

AlexSB

Reaction score
Just saw on espn that the players are unlikelyto accept proposed offer =(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

umpire.20

Reaction score
Your asking the wrong questions...

It would be more complete for the conversation to ask: "Who HOPE's the NBA Season is Cancelled "?

And you could take the conversation even further to ask "Who CARE's if the NBA Season is Cancelled"?

Now you have a REAL THREAD!

This, I believe, should have been the title of this thread. JMO, but I'm allowed to have one!

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Realistically, Life will be like licking the bottom of the ash tray, until the first pitch of Spring Training. Only then will all, be renewed!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it will be canceled... over greed.... they now proposed a 72 game season starting mid december a month and a half late... most likely getting rejected by the players

study showed 76% of Americans don't miss the nba.... im one of them.... footballs on lol.... now that's a sport I'd miss

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah the NBA has fallen greatly in the last couple of years.

Still love the sport and I play regularly, so I miss it. I thought there would be some hope, but as long as football is still on, I'm good. Except my Eagles are really underperforming this year...very frustrating...

Got into hockey 2 seasons ago so that's going on too.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Wow 76% don't care? I wonder how that percentage will change after the superbowl. Thing is, you can sit back and enjoy a good basketball game almost any night, while on football you have to wait for Sunday and Monday

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't cared about the NBA since the 90's, possibly early 2000's. Its gone downhill...

Football all the way

Boot Manager

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't cared about the NBA since the 90's, possibly early 2000's. Its gone downhill...

Football all the way

Boot Manager

you got that right.... I remember defense ... the jordan era... I liked the hate vs your opponent... now all the stars are bffs ... what a joke

Ben Wallace was one of my fave players through the '00s.... his defense highlight reel is fantastic.... unfortunately he couldn't score for the life of him

maybe ill miss basketball come playoff time but definitely not while the nfl is on.... I even prefer baseball over the nba

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums