Who is exchanging the Razr for Prime and why?

Dweib

Reaction score
Holding out for the ICS upgrade. 4.3 is big enough. 4.6 is getting into PDA territory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
RAZR is the best in my opinion.....I'm glad the Nexus finally came out now all the android sites can report on other things besides that phone every second.
Yeah really. You'd think the Nexus was the second coming of Christ the way the Android sites have been going on...and on...and on...you get the picture.

Reaction score
Agreed. I had the Bionic for two Weeks back in September but just wasn't impressed enough so I returned it and was waiting for the "prime" but then the RAZR came out and after holding it in my hand for 30 seconds I was hooked and have not even thought twice. Love this phone and in the end I just could never see myself using a Samsung. To me they all feel super cheap and fragile.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Keeping my Razr hands down. Would love to read how the GNex fanbous were unsuccessful in trading the razrs in for the Prime LMAO

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
well being that there is no such thing as the " nexus prime" I am going to stick with the Razr or would consider the Galaxy Nexus.

Now if you are meaning GN....I will still stick with the Razr.....thanks but no thanks.....not a fan of plastic phones.

honors21

Reaction score
well being that there is no such thing as the " nexus prime" I am going to stick with the Razr or would consider the Galaxy Nexus.

Now if you are meaning GN....I will still stick with the Razr.....thanks but no thanks.....not a fan of plastic phones.

this phone had also been called the prime!

mattv111

Reaction score
I just started a thread about being glad I got the Razr, check it out. With that being said, after spending some time with the GN, I'm sticking with the Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well when jerk chicken (I have no idea what the next android is going to be called) comes out and all us nexus owners have had it for 6 months and you're still waiting lets see how glad you are you got th

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mattv111

Reaction score
Well when jerk chicken (I have no idea what the next android is going to be called) comes out and all us nexus owners have had it for 6 months and you're still waiting lets see how glad you are you got th

The razr

Reaction score
I think that is what they had originally planned on calling it, but that got scrapped

They were initially going to give it their Droid branding by calming it the Droid Prime but it was supposed to be exclusive to VZ then but obviously that did not happen.

Reaction score

Jellybean!.......although I like jerk chicken better.

But you can keep your 6 month head start on ics. If Hyundai was the first to use some new technology, would you be bragging about your new Hyundai while others are driving Cadillacs without it?

gling

Reaction score
I agree with all of the above. Started out (briefly) thinking the GNex was the phone I wanted but once I checked out the Razr, its look, feel and performance, and compared specs, I was sold. No way it's going back.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Here's a quandary I'm facing. Keeping only one and selling the other...white iPhone 4S or my RAZR. 4G is not a factor as it isn't where I live yet.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
I am with Lars. My only mistake was not going the Costco route, which I still can do. However, I am very happy with the Razr. I have about 1 hour total over 3 days play time with the GN. it just felt too flimsy for me. The reviews from the "rags" have it right for me, without ICS you might not buy the GN.

Having said that i would like to get the GN Galaxy Note :)

I'm considering it, but only because the Nexus was the phone I originally planned on getting and "settled" for the Razr last month when my OG Droid was having issues. That said, I have been very happy with the Razr. I actually think Moto did a great job with Blur. It's subtle, unlike Sense, and very snappy. I also don't notice the bloatware because you can uninstall some of the programs, and hide the rest. I also like how thin the Razr is, as it feels like nothing in my pocket.

However, I am very intrigued by ICS (yes, I realize the Razr will get it at some point), and I want to see how the Nexus feels in my hand. While I love how slim the Razr is, it is a little wide. I also think that I am stuck on the fact that I have been holding out for the Nexus for a while, and now that it is finally released I want to give it a chance. I intentionally purchased my Razr at Costco for the 90 day exchange policy, so while I may switch, I fully intend to take all the time I need to make sure it's the right device for me. I am very happy with the Razr and it will take great reviews and personal experience to get me to switch.