Happy!

dustinslee

Reaction score
Well I got my exchange today I went from gnex to razr and I am very happy I miss a couple things but over all I am happier and I think moto is for me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What do you miss?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Kimo91

Reaction score
Awesome you found a phone that fits your needs....better than going to all that is evidence aka iPhone LOL

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
I miss screen shots. The beautiful screen the nexus had and free wifi tether with elixir...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the Razr!

~it's not just a phone~

Zandar

Reaction score
I miss screen shots. The beautiful screen the nexus had and free wifi tether with elixir...

If you root, you can still get screenshots and WiFi tether (or wait for ICS for screenshots and pay for tether without root). The screen is a big plus for the GNex, but in real world usage the differences will fade. Not like going from sAMOLED back to LCD where you'll be missing your vibrant colours and black levels.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
If you root, you can still get screenshots and WiFi tether (or wait for ICS for screenshots and pay for tether without root). The screen is a big plus for the GNex, but in real world usage the differences will fade. Not like going from sAMOLED back to LCD where you'll be missing your vibrant colours and black levels.

The screen ain't enough to bother me... the razr has a great screen as well... what I love most about the razr is it gets signal! Lmao

Sei28

Reaction score
The screen ain't enough to bother me... the razr has a great screen as well... what I love most about the razr is it gets signal! Lmao

Is the signal really better? (Not just how many bars, but speed and whether or not you get data signal in certain areas) Anything else that made you do the exchange? I'm asking because I'm thinking about doing the same.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Yes the signal is better my phone don't drop calls and the data connection is a lot better. that is the only reason I return the nexus I would drop calls 3 or 4 * a day and now with the riser I have full signal and and it never breaks up it's perfect

Sei28

Reaction score
How do the audio (Both earpiece and external speaker) and battery compare?

89foxrod

Reaction score
The thing I miss about the galaxy Nexus is the ice cream sandwich browser. But I'm really happy with the razr holds alot stronger data connection here in the mountains in N.C

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
How do the audio (Both earpiece and external speaker) and battery compare?

Alot louder! So loud I have mine set about half or 3/4

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
The thing I miss about the galaxy Nexus is the ice cream sandwich browser. But I'm really happy with the razr holds alot stronger data connection here in the mountains in N.C

Me to I agree I am near Bristol TN and the galaxy couldn't hold a good signal and was dropping calls where my Droid x or any phone I have had before hasn't had a issue

Androidatic

Reaction score
Is the signal really better? (Not just how many bars, but speed and whether or not you get data signal in certain areas) Anything else that made you do the exchange? I'm asking because I'm thinking about doing the same.

That's an inherent issue with Samsung phones, lousy radios. Moto radios have always been superior and can get and hold a signal where Samsung's can't even connect.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just happy you are happy. I'm sure they were going to shoot an update or two to address those issues. But all in all I'm sure you need a working device now more than later right? Lol Congrats bro. And the good thing is you chose a highly recommended device..I'm sorry to hear you had to switch though ...peace!