Who is exchanging the Razr for Prime and why?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Sooo... who all here is exchanging their Razr for the Nexus Prime now that's its officially arrived? And why are you exchanging it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

honors21

Reaction score
I am not once the ice cream sandwich comes out or the Razor its going to make that Verizon's number 1 phone its already an awsomw phone size wise and proformance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am not once the ice cream sandwich comes out or the Razor its going to make that Verizon's number 1 phone its already an awsomw phone size wise and proformance.

Uh...no. it will be blurred. Yuk

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

OP
bullswife98

bullswife98

Reaction score

I agree it will be a beast of a phone for sure but, I know alot of posters here just have the Razr as an in-between phone as they wait for the Nexus Prime. I just wanted to see if they are still planning on getting the Prime or if the Razr has their heart now. Yes it may still be blur and I actually don't mind the blur hopefully ICS will smooth it over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

jtpowell

Reaction score
I agree it will be a beast of a phone for sure but, I know alot of posters here just have the Razr as an in-between phone as they wait for the Nexus Prime. I just wanted to see if they are still planning on getting the Prime or if the Razr has their heart now. Yes it may still be blur and I actually don't mind the blur hopefully ICS will smooth it over.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Razr will get ICS in due time. The WebTop, which I use, really sold me. Until then.....

honors21

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID RAZR

You can get some apps from the market like face unlocking go launcher and the lock screen like the nexus by searching ics most are free only downfall is it over writes the software on the phone an you have to do a factory reset to get it back like it came out of the box

Deron

Reaction score
No thanks. I'll keep my Razr. Plus, I am more than happy with Gingerbread right now. I would much rather get an Ice Cream Sandwich update several months after the Galaxy Nexus users have had a chance to "beta test" their operating system.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I'm keeping my RAZR. I'm very happy with the phone, and I have read ICS will be out early 2012. I'm sure ICS will fix the bugs (but I'm not having any major ones).

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm considering it, but only because the Nexus was the phone I originally planned on getting and "settled" for the Razr last month when my OG Droid was having issues. That said, I have been very happy with the Razr. I actually think Moto did a great job with Blur. It's subtle, unlike Sense, and very snappy. I also don't notice the bloatware because you can uninstall some of the programs, and hide the rest. I also like how thin the Razr is, as it feels like nothing in my pocket.

However, I am very intrigued by ICS (yes, I realize the Razr will get it at some point), and I want to see how the Nexus feels in my hand. While I love how slim the Razr is, it is a little wide. I also think that I am stuck on the fact that I have been holding out for the Nexus for a while, and now that it is finally released I want to give it a chance. I intentionally purchased my Razr at Costco for the 90 day exchange policy, so while I may switch, I fully intend to take all the time I need to make sure it's the right device for me. I am very happy with the Razr and it will take great reviews and personal experience to get me to switch.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I just started a thread about being glad I got the Razr, check it out. With that being said, after spending some time with the GN, I'm sticking with the Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

pico1

Reaction score
I don't think I'll be changing my Razr out. I'm very satisfied with this phone. What sold me was the sleekness of the Razr and how powerful and fast it is. The only thing the Nexus has for me personally that's better is ICS, but as mentioned we'll get it in early 2012. Once we do, there's really nothing on the Nexus that would want me to have it over my Razr.

Captmilk

Reaction score
RAZR is the best in my opinion.....I'm glad the Nexus finally came out now all the android sites can report on other things besides that phone every second.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I had originally bought my RAZR with the idea that it might be swapped out for the Nexus once it dropped. One day with the phone was enough for me to quickly change my tune. I love it! Motocast, Smart Actions, the ability to use the web top (don't have the dock thing yet but want one), etc. I'll still go down to VZW today or tomorrow and play with a Nexus but really everything that interests me about it is ICS, not the hardware. Oh and Samsung? Ew.

Plus I just got into early access for SWTOR so phone is on the end of my list of things to obsess over. lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No way man! :) I got the RAZR because it is the phone I wanted. I weighed the pro's and cons of both devices and decided the RAZR was the better fit for ME.

I personally like what Moto did with the UI. It's not intrusive at all and adds a ton of functionality. No need to ROM/theme this thing. It works perfectly OTB and is very functional.

ICS wasn't enough to sway me over to the Nexus. I also do not like ICS in it's "naked" form. Widgets, keyboard and interface is not the best looking in my opinion and I don't want to flash ROMS and themes to get my phone where I like it.

I appreciate the Nexus just as I do every other Android phone but in the end it's about what appeals to ME. I buy product that I like and in todays handset market they are all great phones. Purchasing anything out of the current crop of phones today is a great buy in my opinion.

I love the RAZR for it's uniqueness. It's one of the most unique smartphones to come along in a LOOONG time. No phone envy on my end. Bring on all the new phones and lets talk about them :) I'm very happy with my purchase.