New Razr owner

bittergenius

Reaction score
Hey forum, I'm new! I just replaced my HTC Rezound with the Razr. My HTC was having service issues so VZW sent me the Razr. I like it so far with a few hang ups that perhaps you guys have solutions to...

Charging: I have 2 HTC chargers, one seems to charge the Razr fine while the other doesn't do anything even though the phone says its charging. I also notice it doesnt charge that well when plugged into the computer. I did get a note in my activation packet that said something about using a OEM charger specific to the Razr so I ordered a couple on eBay (waiting for them to show up). Whats the deal with charging this phone?

Screen Shots: I really cant take them? Is that a Moto thing cause my Asus Eee Pad with ICS can take them. Why would that not be built in?

Exchange Email: My IT guy at work tried to set up the exchange email at work and was running into a problems. It connected then kept saying that "Exchange has stopped working." Is this a known issue?

Other than that I like the phone and especially ICS. Any idea when we'll be getting Jelly Bean?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums .
screen shot- power and volume down button i think

and on charging the phone always use OEM they give proper voltage and amps .. etc.. there is a battery subforum here that has some good reading on it .. and maybe someone who knows more about it can give you a more technical answer.. look for some of FoxKat posts,, i am sure he will pop in here before too long :)

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh and exchange i dont own a razr it works fine on Bionic with ICS

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum and the world of the Razr.

Just got you covered on the first two problems, I don't use the stock exchange but I know others find it suitable. I downloaded and use Touchdown, you can get it in the Play Store for a free 30 day trail. I love this APP for exchange works great for both my accounts and never had an issue, the full version is 20 bucks but it is worth every penny IMO.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I do use the stock exchange and I have 0 problems. I know it just came from Verizon but doing an FDR couldn't hurt (but it could help). I'm assuming it is a refurbished Razr?.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey forum, I'm new! I just replaced my HTC Rezound with the Razr. My HTC was having service issues so VZW sent me the Razr. I like it so far with a few hang ups that perhaps you guys have solutions to...

Charging: I have 2 HTC chargers, one seems to charge the Razr fine while the other doesn't do anything even though the phone says its charging. I also notice it doesnt charge that well when plugged into the computer. I did get a note in my activation packet that said something about using a OEM charger specific to the Razr so I ordered a couple on eBay (waiting for them to show up). Whats the deal with charging this phone?

Screen Shots: I really cant take them? Is that a Moto thing cause my Asus Eee Pad with ICS can take them. Why would that not be built in?

Exchange Email: My IT guy at work tried to set up the exchange email at work and was running into a problems. It connected then kept saying that "Exchange has stopped working." Is this a known issue?

Other than that I like the phone and especially ICS. Any idea when we'll be getting Jelly Bean?
Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot of great users here that are more than willing (an able) to help you when you need it. As far as charging...I don't know if it is just Motorola phones or not, but it is highly recommended that you use the charger and cable that was designed for your phone. A different charger and/or cable can/will make a difference in charging your Razr. As for screen shots...the answer above is correct. I don't use exchange, but I've read that most users have no problem with the exchange app that came with the phone. I have also read a lot of recommendations for TouchDown. The advice about a Factor Reset is a good one. As soon as you are finished activating your phone, fully charge it and do a factory reset, let it boot and do it again. Enjoy your Razr.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome :) congrats on the RAZR :)

OP
B

bittergenius

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Got screen shot figured out and I am using Touchdown for work email. Perhaps since it is a refurb its still having issues with Exchange. I also ordered 2 OEM chargers from eBay so everything seems to be golden now. I also got a sleek orange hard case for it. Overall I love the phone!