Who else ordered the D3 today!

Big D

Reaction score
There has been plenty of mention that external memory was expandable to 32. The D1 had it but you had to pop out the battery to get to it.

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I came very close to purchasing the droid today, but my plan ends on the 12th and i couldn't get them to give me the NE2 discount early. It was only $30 off the $199, but I'll wait (agonizingly). The did confirm I would get to keep my unlimited data, so that's a relief.

n8sco

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker and I just pulled the trigger on a Droid 3 today. I had been holding out for the Bionic but I figured with my D1 on it's last legs and no LTE service out here D3 was the way to go. I love the look of that keyboard too. Can't wait to get it tomorrow!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was just about to order a New Droid 3, But then I was looking at the specs on the verizon site and it says nothing about a SD card slot, just 16gb on board. And on another article about the release of the droid 3 says it doesn't have a sd card slot. But here on droid forums the latest news making it official states new security for sd slot???

Can someone clear this up????
up to 32gb micro sd

DROID DOES

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I heard it will have an sdcard slot but won't actually come with an sdcard...I hope I'm wrong because that would also be kinda stupid...even a basic 8 GB card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mattbooty

Reaction score
Ordered mine first thing this morning off the website with overnight delivery... I even had it shipped to my office so I'll get it the moment it arrives hehe (although my co-workers may not like me dissappearing for the rest of the day while I sit in the corner and pet my new phone gollum-style)

woodyman, you said its confirmed unlocked bootloader? Thats the first I heard that, thats AWESOME news!

metalspring, no it does not come with an sdcard, only the internal memory and a slot for expansion... I'm coming from a D1 so I'll just use that card in the new D3.

experiment626

Reaction score
I read the same thing,Micro SD card slot but no card included.I notice in VZW's official press release for the Droid3 thay say buyers have to be on a Nationwide Plan. I'm still on the old America's Choice II Plan. Has anyone been forced to give up their old AC II voice plan to get the D3?

papapena25

Reaction score
ok cool It better have a sd card slot cause i'm ordering it now, and also having it shipping to my office tomorrow so I can play asap!!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I just used my upgrade and ordered the D3 ($149.99), w/ overnight shipping too! :D I'm so excited

mattbooty

Reaction score
ok cool It better have a sd card slot cause i'm ordering it now, and also having it shipping to my office tomorrow so I can play asap!!

All the specs I have seen say it DEFINITELY has the slot, but does not come with a card (but has a sizable internal memory and micro sd cards are dirt cheap these days).

Droid1610

Reaction score
I ordered 2 D3's this morning both with the Overnight shipping option. Can't wait to get it, I haven't told the wife yet so its a big surprise for her. I was somehow able to talk a superviser into giving me a manual upgrade on my wifes life which still has over a year remaining on her current LG ally contract. I don't know exactly why she allowed it but I'm not complaining.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is this Pentile display I really hope its not as bad as what the reviews are saying...

Stevelord

Reaction score
Trying to order through the business site (upgrade office paid for phone) and it is dragging! :(

Last edited:

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'm surprised you get it tomorrow when it's not being released until the 14th.

Great news!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yes confirmed unlockable, comes locked but user can unlock

Ordered mine first thing this morning off the website with overnight delivery... I even had it shipped to my office so I'll get it the moment it arrives hehe (although my co-workers may not like me dissappearing for the rest of the day while I sit in the corner and pet my new phone gollum-style)

woodyman, you said its confirmed unlocked bootloader? Thats the first I heard that, thats AWESOME news!

metalspring, no it does not come with an sdcard, only the internal memory and a slot for expansion... I'm coming from a D1 so I'll just use that card in the new D3.