Droid 3!

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Ordered my D3 today with overnight shipping, so not sure how much work will go into the D1 this weekend while i play with that and try to get a quick ROM to the community, but don't worry the D1 is still under developement.

anyone else get/getting a D3??

mjones73

Reaction score
I'm holding out for the Bionic. I don't use my physical keyboard now and I want LTE for streaming. :)

The D3 does look nice in the pics and it would probably be my next choice if it wasn't for the reason above. I like how solid Motorola builds these phones over some of the other manufacturers.

moset

Reaction score
Thinking hard about pushing that button. 4G will not likely make it to my woods before my next upgrade is available.
What other reason do I have to wait?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
this is my main reason for grabbing a D3 that and a physical keyboard

Thinking hard about pushing that button. 4G will not likely make it to my woods before my next upgrade is available.
What other reason do I have to wait?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm waiting on the Bionic as well. I had originally thought that I would use the physical keyboard over an on-screen one but ever since I got swype I hardly ever touch the physical one, unless it is to enter something into the terminal or reboot into recovery.

I really hope the Bionic is everything that we've been waiting for.

Zepius

Reaction score
i barely use my physical keyboard... i'm waiting for a dual core 4g phone that is unlocked... if thats the bionic, thats what im going with... id prefer the SGS2 if it has LTE radio and is on vzw

Edi

Reaction score
I originally bought my D1 thinking I would use the keyboard, but when I started using swype I completely stopped using the keyboard. So now I'm waiting for the Bionic, since I have 4G coverage in my area it looks to be the one. I hope..

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I got a D3 even though I'm in a densely populated, fully capable 4G area.

Have fun with the crap battery life you LTE users ;)

I'd much rather wait for some maturation in the radios.

neoj2

Reaction score
Im getting the SGS2 but i like the keyboard because of the games i play. oh well the SGS2 should be a good fit for me. that thing is a beast

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Thinking about a D3 but the PenTile screen is a negative to me , will have a look see at a display model and go from there .

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ordered my D3 today with overnight shipping, so not sure how much work will go into the D1 this weekend while i play with that and try to get a quick ROM to the community, but don't worry the D1 is still under developement.

Well since you are leaving us forever (lol) I'll tell you mine will be ordered on 9/29.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Snow02

Reaction score

You're probably going to have a hard time getting a rom out without root. Supposedly it's coming locked, and moto has patched all the exploits. Am I missing something obvious?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You don't really think Woody would buy an unlockable device do you???? ;)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I don't know what locked means...... ;)

You're probably going to have a hard time getting a rom out without root. Supposedly it's coming locked, and moto has patched all the exploits. Am I missing something obvious?