Who DIDNT opt for Nexus Protect?

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Was paying 9$/mo through VZW for their Asurion coverage on the Note 4.

Nexus Protect seems almost silly to NOT get.

Who didn't spring for it and why?

OP
Domestic violence

Domestic violence

Reaction score
i saw it as a money saver in the long-run

$90 as opposed to ~$240 over the course of 2 years... But you have to do what you have to do

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
i saw it as a money saver in the long-run

$90 as opposed to ~$240 over the course of 2 years... But you have to do what you have to do

Plus the deductible is about half of the normal smartphone deductible thru Verizon's program. I believe it's $150.00 deductible at Verizon.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I have bought extended warranties on various items including phones in the past probably over 6000 bucks worth of them to get nothing back.
phones just drop to fast in price to put 89 down and another 100 waiting if something happens which ive never had a problem in the past.
phone warranty for bad hardware is a year by than i can buy the phone most likely after its a year old for 300 so i dont see the reason to commit 100 real cash and have another 100 to pay if something were to happen.

If i lose the phone ill be screwed but since ive never lost one im taking the chance that will continue.
ive never broken a screen and never used a case, i did put a heavy case on this phone so im thinking that will continue to be true.

So to me it worth the risk of not purchasing it. will it bite me in the ass maybe but hopefully not.

OP
Domestic violence

Domestic violence

Reaction score
That's taking a gamble man!

It also allows someone to simply claim some damage on their 6P, pay the deductible and sell the replacement at a nice price too.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have bought extended warranties on various items including phones in the past probably over 6000 bucks worth of them to get nothing back.
phones just drop to fast in price to put 89 down and another 100 waiting if something happens which ive never had a problem in the past.
phone warranty for bad hardware is a year by than i can buy the phone most likely after its a year old for 300 so i dont see the reason to commit 100 real cash and have another 100 to pay if something were to happen.

If i lose the phone ill be screwed but since ive never lost one im taking the chance that will continue.
ive never broken a screen and never used a case, i did put a heavy case on this phone so im thinking that will continue to be true.

So to me it worth the risk of not purchasing it. will it bite me in the ass maybe but hopefully not.
I'm kinda in the same boat as well. I probably would've taken it if I could, but I've also never had to file a claim on my phone insurance even though I've had it more often than not.

It's a little scary not having that safety net, but knowing I've taken good care of my devices, it's not so bad.

I also always keep an older phone around for a spare, just in case, so at least I'd have SOMETHING until I could afford another new phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That's taking a gamble man!

It also allows someone to simply claim some damage on their 6P, pay the deductible and sell the replacement at a nice price too.

I have a Note 3 on it's way to replace my mildy abused one with a new (clnr) via insurance. My mother will enjoy it once I replace it with the Nexus 6P (if I can keep it from my son - last Note rootable). The Note 3 has been a beast not to mention tough as nails. I've dropped it (naked) many more times than I can remember and it just trudges along.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I didn't get the Nexus Protect. I generally take very good care of my phones and have only broken one screen in my 5 years of owning smartphones. I usually run the most minimal cases that I can on my phones, generally to protect the body from scratches and scuffs. I also just didn't want to add that extra $90 to what I was already paying, call me stingy haha.

If there is an ability to add the protection afterward, which I am not sure if there is, I would look into adding it on at a later time separately. I don't MIND the extra protection, but usually when I am making a big purchase like this one, that extra cash seems less necessary than it may be.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You can't add nexus protect but I think the others can be.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
SquareTrade says on their site that their plans are for phones that were purchased in the last 30 days or that are currently covered by insurance with the major carriers.