Protection plan for the TB

Iowaberg

Reaction score
I've had the TB for 3 months now. I decided to purchase the protection plan through Verizon for a monthly charge, just in case. I like the phone relatively well, but these random reboots are really annoying (up to 5 a day). Will the protection plan allow me to return my TB and get a different phone? Has anyone had any experience making a claim through this plan before? Are there many TB (or VZW customers for that matter) owners who purchase the protection plan?

polish23

Reaction score
No, the protection plan is there in order to protect your phone... You only have 14 days to return/exchange your phone for a $35 restocking fee. BTW... did they let you know about the $90 deductible if your phone gets wrecked? If not, now you know, be careful with that phone, it's definitely not cheap to replace!

Oh! and if you are getting tired of the reboots... just root your phone! Trust me! You will love it afterwards or you can flash the MR2 radio that's available here. You don't have to be rooted, and it should fix the reboot issue, but it will still wipe your data.

I hope this helps solve your dilemma and lets you enjoy this phone to it's potential.

kparks

Reaction score
I've had the TB for 3 months now. I decided to purchase the protection plan through Verizon for a monthly charge, just in case. I like the phone relatively well, but these random reboots are really annoying (up to 5 a day). Will the protection plan allow me to return my TB and get a different phone? Has anyone had any experience making a claim through this plan before? Are there many TB (or VZW customers for that matter) owners who purchase the protection plan?
the reboots would be under a mfr defect and if u complain enough u will get a refurb one for free i believe.. and it will prolly do the same just hold out till the update till u go swapping phones