White triangle and yellow exclamation point

dsmartca

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I rooted my phone and installed the newest Cyanogen ROM. After doing that I installed a theme. It installed then rebooted. After the Motorola logo the start up screen popped up but would just flash every few seconds infinitely. If I pulled the battery out and tried a recovery by holding x that is when the white triangle and yellow exclamation point show up. After hitting the volume and camera buttons I got to a menu. From there I reformatted/factory reset it and it still loaded up messed up. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Dave

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Dave! It's that time of night that most ppl are sleeping. Just hang tight and someone will eventually be along to help you! Good luck! :D

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi,

Today I rooted my phone and installed the newest Cyanogen ROM. After doing that I installed a theme. It installed then rebooted. After the Motorola logo the start up screen popped up but would just flash every few seconds infinitely. If I pulled the battery out and tried a recovery by holding x that is when the white triangle and yellow exclamation point show up. After hitting the volume and camera buttons I got to a menu. From there I reformatted/factory reset it and it still loaded up messed up. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Dave

So correct me if I'm wrong You used Easy root? Then installed Cyan with Rom Manager? Is this right?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
A ton of people are having this issue with Rom manager as of late. Most people are able to fix it by flashing between recoveries. Flash sprecovery and then flash clockwork again. I think your best bet would be to download the Rom and theme to the SD card and install it yourself through clockwork. It's very easy to do.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Juz10xD

Reaction score
i am currenly trying to install peter's file of 2.2 rooted file but im trying to flash via spr. whn i boot the phone holding the x button, i get stuck wih a whit triangle and yellow exclamation mark. I tried your attempt with the camera and volume buttons but cant get to a menu. any ideas?

I know the sprecovery works because i just made an advanced backup. and after i made the backup, i cant seem to get spr to boot up.

scenario:
i had a droid on 2.1, and was flashed on bugless beast (one of the first ones). then i dropped my phone into a bucket of hot coolant and got a refurbished one sent to me thats preloaded with froyo 2.2. and i want root to overclock and wifi tether!