While we wait ....

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I also have a DX, two of those equal 1 halfway decent smartphone right? Or I have a Rezound and a GNex and a mostly working G2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I may have to abandon the 6p ship. My maxx isn't charging via USB anymore. I need something this week.
One more idea, have you tried cleaning the micro-usb port on the phone ? Contact Cleaner, or Mass Airflow sensor cleaner can be sprayed in the port to clean out any junk that might be preventing good contact.

Or in my case, the USB cord on my original charger failed, phone wasn't charging overnight. I changed cables and Voila!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Or in my case, the USB cord on my original charger failed, phone wasn't charging overnight. I changed cables and Voila!
That happened with my Galaxy Nexus, but I assumed it was the port that had gone bad, so I bought a new phone. Tried the new phone's cable on the gnex and I'll be darned if it didn't work just fine.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
One more idea, have you tried cleaning the micro-usb port on the phone ? Contact Cleaner, or Mass Airflow sensor cleaner can be sprayed in the port to clean out any junk that might be preventing good contact.

I can try that when I get home. It wasn't charging via qi either. I'm not sure what's up. I went to bed with 80%, woke up with 19%.

Appreciate the phone offers but I may just get the galaxy s6 for $50 phone from best buy on two year contract(with the UDP loophole), then sell it when 6p gets here.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
UNBOXING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Not a real one though. Apparently they had some sort of event in India where everyone "unboxed" these devices over and over again for their videos?

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. The one I linked seemed like they were in their own separate room and I just figured he'd already unstuck the wrap around the box, but then I watched the next one and it sounded like the hands-on videos from the day the phones were announced, where there's a lot of commotion around in a crowded room. The guy didn't even have a table or anything to put stuff on and he flat out said that "Many other people have already opened this today."

Very weird.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
well I'm glad I rushed to watch it......

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My bad. I did too. I actually stopped what I was doing because Google Now had this as a card and I thought it was a legit, delivered to someone's door unboxing.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Saw the email update and rushed to my pc.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The thread update email. I get it on all subscribed threads.

No worries. This phone has me hoping it's a shipping notification each email I get.
I'm doing that too, even though my phone is working tolerably. Haha!

I turned off email notifications since I get them from tapatalk. I only get emails when someone reports a post.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
UNBOXING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Not a real one though. Apparently they had some sort of event in India where everyone "unboxed" these devices over and over again for their videos?
I watched that one earlier. There is some stuttering on the device when he is in the settings app. That's unfortunate. FDR ftw.

From the Edge of the Galaxy

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Quick question, did you guys get Nexus Protect for this that ordered through Google?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk