While we wait ....

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Titanium is nice. But I don't have any apps I like older versions of. Tapatalk would be the only one and I don't have the older version anymore.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, titanium isn't necessary if you're not changing things anyway. But it is nice to have backups. Viper4android is pretty much the only reason I still use my G2, because the Moto X 2013 I'm using doesn't have root available.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
And see, the biggest reasons I rooted back in the day were to take screenshots and overclock my CPU. Not necessary anymore. Haha

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Overclocking, such a thing of the past lol. I couldn't even try to overclock my G2 or the kernel would go into the software equivalent of an emotional breakdown, throwing tantrums and what not.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd like root for titanium and adblocker. But that was on a VZW bloat phone. This will be pure android.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Ads are the most annoying thing to me.... I'm having to deal with it on this phone.. That alone is worth it..

S6E+ tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I even almost started a lecture the other day when a friend who knows nothing about what he's talking about told another friend that "that's what she gets for getting those droid phones" when she was having trouble with her Galaxy S5. Them's fightin' words for more than one reason.
This reminded me of my boss last week. We were discussing multi tasking and not having enough time in the day to get things done when he pulls out his new iPhone 6 Plus (Knowing I'm an Android fan) and said, "well, I can simply do this" and proceeded to tap the microphone in this note taking app, spoke a message which showed up on the screen, then showed me his screen and said "how cool is that"? LOL!
I didn't even bother, but instead acted like it was coolest thing since sliced bread. (While secretly chuckling inside) ahhhh, a reminder of the old Android vs Apple days. Just not worth the trouble anymore.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This reminded me of my boss last week. We were discussing multi tasking and not having enough time in the day to get things done when he pulls out his new iPhone 6 Plus (Knowing I'm an Android fan) and said, "well, I can simply do this" and proceeded to tap the microphone in this note taking app, spoke a message which showed up on the screen, then showed me his screen and said "how cool is that"? LOL!
I didn't even bother, but instead acted like it was coolest thing since sliced bread. (While secretly chuckling inside) ahhhh, a reminder of the old Android vs Apple days. Just not worth the trouble anymore.
3d1213af0b08dc9bc998f4e58a970927.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you guys going to use tap & go to set your 6P up like your current phone, or start fresh?

I keep thinking about it & I can't decide. Part of me thinks, use it & be set to go quick. The other part kinda likes setting up a new device & I'm not sure how my Samsung settings will transfer to a nexus anyway.

The last time I did an fdr on my nexus 7, I used tap & go to set it up with the apps on my phone & it was pretty slick, though I have several apps on my phone that I'd never use on my tablet.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good question, I may want to start fresh, but my laziness and excitement to just start using the device might override that lol.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of my homescreens is a dedicated root app screen, that should probably go. I had a scrollable widget phase.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I may want my text messages but they aren't really that important for me.