Which safe strap to install?

kenji91

Reaction score
The important things with Safestrap -

- Install the right version (1.09 for GB, 2.0 once you switched to a leaked ICS)
- Install busy box
- Install superuser with the latest su binary (and make sure superuser allows root access to busy box and safestrap)

If you do all three, it will work. I've never had an issue installing either version of Safestrap.

Also, it's important to note that "non safe" mode is stock mode (whether it's GB or ICS). "Safe" mode is the mode you're able to modify. The idea is that it's "safe" to mess with that side of things. Safe mode is how you'd run the current ICS leak based CM9.

When you switch "modes", safestrap creates a backup (it's huge so make sure you have enough storage for it) of the mode you're in and switches to the other. When you switch again, it creates another backup before going back to the first mode.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No offense but this is awful advice.a lot of noobs are going to wind up with bricks if they listen to u. just because safe strap confuses u doesn't mean people shouldn't use it as it's the safest way we have to try new ROMs and crack flash

You do realize he retracted his comment?

I did not.

2 hours before your post above, in fact. It's a timeline, so if you follow it forward from my post number 3, you'll see it - post number 9.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well in order to run ICS properly, Motorola had to create a new kernel. So once you upgrade your kernel via flashing a leak, you can never go back to GB. (Locked Bootloader)

Ahhh, so THAT'S the issue of a locked Bootloader. I could never really understand. Learn something new every day! Thanks, Guidot!

OP
S

sugamilk

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with Eclipse 1.3 . When I try to use the screenshot option , nothing happens and then it says Eclipse has been denied super user permissions. Is that just a bug or something wrong with the settings?

outsid0r

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with Eclipse 1.3 . When I try to use the screenshot option , nothing happens and then it says Eclipse has been denied super user permissions. Is that just a bug or something wrong with the settings?

You will need to go into your super user app and remove the denied request and the time following when you try taking a screen shot make sure you allow in the super user prompt

cybertron

Reaction score
I know this post is for Droid 4, but I've got a razr maxx and can't seem to find my way with this whole safestrap business. I just got a replacement phone and I'm starting over (cracked screen) and I wanted to see what you guys thought about this. On my previous phone, I turned off safemode, or disabled the safe zone, or whatever its called, so that I could go back to the original install, and poof... SafeStrap was gone, my rom was gone, all was gone. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable about SS, so could you possibly shine some light on my problem? I dont want it to happen again with this phone, but it would be nice if I could easily switch from rom to rom and know that I'm not going to lose everything? Also, is there a way to test lots of roms out easily? My original droid (first vzw android) was so much easier to root and boot roms on... sorry for my lack of knowledge, i feel like i've been reading for days and I'm hearing lots of different versions/paths.

*edit*
I watched some videos over at droidrazrroot and I finally think i realize what I've done wrong. I installed SS and eclipse, but never backed up my original rom, and I never realized you had to use "safemode" or whatever for all your hacked roms... so I've done it all over, backed up my stock ICS, and installed eclipse ICS now. It works great and I totally see how to use SS and testing out new roms, etc, etc... :)