Droid 4 With CWM Rom Manager and Safe Strap

B-Unit

Reaction score
Back on topic, do we need to run the 'Install Recovery' from inside Safestrap first? I installed CWM from Rom Manager, but didnt get any kind of prompt for entering boot loader on startup.

OP
H

Hooks405

Reaction score
Back on topic, do we need to run the 'Install Recovery' from inside Safestrap first? I installed CWM from Rom Manager, but didnt get any kind of prompt for entering boot loader on startup.

Open safe strap apk and install first

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You don't use RM with Safestrap.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

OP
H

Hooks405

Reaction score
Thats not what the OP indicates...

The op is exactly how i did it to my d4. I dont think u actually have to have rom manager or flash its recovery.

Joseph007

Reaction score
So you messed up your phone and then brought it back.... no offense this is why they dont want to unlock the bootloaders... now i know exactly what you are about to say if the bootloaders were unlocked i would be able to reflash... but honestly they dont see it that way... all they see is devices being returned broken after 3 days due to something that is hacked.....please dont do something you dont understand it never turns out good

I swear, you must work for Verizon or Best Buy or something, I went through your old posts, and all you seem to have been saying is how people are stupid, yet you offer no help.

Hooks405, thanks for the tips, especially using the RAZR version...I have done a backup and will be testing it shortly by doing a recovery.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I swear, you must work for Verizon or Best Buy or something, I went through your old posts, and all you seem to have been saying is how people are stupid, yet you offer no help.

Hooks405, thanks for the tips, especially using the RAZR version...I have done a backup and will be testing it shortly by doing a recovery.

Hey listen I am just saying its not a good idea...sorry I lashed out ....I don't work for either but I have friends that do. I def don't think people are stupid and my posts do not revolve around that so as of now I will just let it go.... most people just don't research before they do something and with the og it wasn't a big deal but with this phone it is a killer which is annoying cause other phones u can just reflash
I hope they can get an sbf.. I am on the motorola forum and they can't seem to give any info on bootloaders or anything. I did say that when I buy a computer I get a recovery disk and when I buy a phone I should get the same.
I hope that you don't get any further problems, maybe some day we will get a sbf and I will root to.

Joseph007

Reaction score
Please help!!

I did the above method and was rooted with rom manger and everything was working good. I did a nandroid backup and like I always do flash the backup to make sure its all good before I rom it. Well...this is the error I get when I power it up "Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure) / Bricked Droid 4"? I have held both volume up and down buttons together with the power button to get to recovery but nothing! Any one no any other key cobination to factory rest these droid 4?

I just did this too...and bricked it too....FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
I just did this too...and bricked it too....FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that man. I hope people will learn from my mistake of flashing the nandroid backup and wait to be able to flash the stock rom first before attempting this.

tdpolo26

Reaction score

your second d4 bricked tooo.... aghh that stinks..... i wonder if there is something in the bootloader doing this... i am def not going to mess with it now for a while.

Last edited:

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Oh man! Second one? It hurt doing it the first time. There is no way I could do it a second time, ain't worth it to me.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Oh man! Second one? It hurt doing it the first time. There is no way I could do it a second time, ain't worth it to me.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

motorola reads this forum and news about the vulnerabilities i wonder if they are starting to catch on

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I read thelink and it says safestrap is based on clockwork, so maybe your additional installation of cw is causing the problem? I'm trying to figure out where you guys went wrong. The op didn't mention installing cw, maybe since its based on cw he referred to it as that. I remember reading that if you use safestrap you cannot have another type of recovery program on your phone.

Frio500

Reaction score
So I installed safestrap last night, And I thought I'd share some of my random stupidly while I threw caution into the wind and messed around with it.

After getting into the recovery I made a nandroid backup while safe mode was disabled. After that I decided to enable it (whats the worse that can happen right?)

So I went ahead and enabled it, and restarted my phone. Found that my stock rom wasn't there anymore. Which makes sense.. Since It's either being bypassed or copied away to another location. (If only I knew that at the time.) After freaking out for about an hour trying to figure out how I broke my phone by enabling safe mode I learned that all I did was move it so I could install my own rom while keeping stock safe. Neat, but I wasn't sure how to reverse the effects. Restoring my nandroid backup proved a waste of time, I ended to going to the advanced settings and disabling safestrap, which completely removed everything, and when I restarted my phone my stock rom loaded unaware that it was previously lost into the abyss.