which phone?

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Here's my situation, I am on thunderbolt number 3 in 10 months. The first 2 were replaced due to unrepairable issues. VZW is likely to replace this one very soon and I may be allowed to choose another brand/model. Hence, which phone is my best choice with the criteria that I stay within the Droid family and with 4G? VZW CS has not given confirmation or a list to choose from yet, this may change this evening though. The girls at the local VZW store say that the Moto Razr Maxx is tops right now. What say you? And, thanks in advance for your posts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Here's my situation, I am on thunderbolt number 3 in 10 months. The first 2 were replaced due to unrepairable issues. VZW is likely to replace this one very soon and I may be allowed to choose another brand/model. Hence, which phone is my best choice with the criteria that I stay within the Droid family and with 4G. VZW CS has not given confirmation or a list to choose from yet, this may change this evening though. the girls at the local VZW store say that the Moto Razr Maxx is tops right now. What say you? And, thanks in advance for your posts.
If you have to stay in the Droid family, then yeah, the Razr Maxx is at the apex right now. I cant think of anything better than that that is Droid branded.

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Thanks, JeffDenver. BTW, the 4G and staying with Droid is my personal goal, as I enjoy all the benefits / positives of the Android OS.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Droid is actually a Verizon brand Name (as opposed to "Android", the name of the OS). The Thunderbolt was not a Droid. There are many phones using the "Droid" brand name...of those phones, the Razr Maxx is the best one.

The best ANDROID phone IMO is the HTC Rezound. It has a far better display than the Razr, and a removable battery and a better camera (and it comes with a set of expensive earbuds for free). But it is not as thin or light and will not have the Razr Maxx's battery life.

The Rezound is the defacto successor to the Thunderbolt. But it has none of the problems the Thunderbolt had, and it's hardware is superior to the Thunderbolt in every way.

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
OK, thanks again. The resolution from VZW was to choose an LG Revolution, a Samsung Charge or the Moto Bionic. I am choosing the Bionic. I do have to pay for back and battery and send the TB back to VZW.

This issue resolved.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
which phone? the phone that works for you. I recommend you mess around with the demo units in store and figure out which one you can live with. They all have their positives and negatives, but it's all subjective of course.

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I agree with you, dezymond. I did some of the window shopping earlier today at my local VZW store. The Bionic is in my opinion the best of the 3 I was allowed to choose from. BTW, this does not count as my phone upgrade, that occurs this coming December. So the Bionic only has to serve me well until then.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree with you, dezymond. I did some of the window shopping earlier today at my local VZW store. The Bionic is in my opinion the best of the 3 I was allowed to choose from. BTW, this does not count as my phone upgrade, that occurs this coming December. So the Bionic only has to serve me well until then.

Out of those 3 I would've chose the same. Hopefully the Bionic treats you better:)

GallyClack

Reaction score
I did some of the window shopping earlier today at my local VZW store

JeffDenver

Reaction score
OK, thanks again. The resolution from VZW was to choose an LG Revolution, a Samsung Charge or the Moto Bionic. I am choosing the Bionic. I do have to pay for back and battery and send the TB back to VZW.
Of those three I would have picked the Bionic as well.

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
In conclusion, my Bionic will arrive next Monday, with the back and battery in package 2. I will be charged about $26, but it's worth it. Excellent CS by VZW with this situation. I couldn't talk them into including the Razr Maxx, not that I really thought that was going to happen anyway. I am perfectly happy how this turned out.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
You should enjoy the bionic. It's a great phone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Thanks, LegalAmerican. I believe I will be satisfied. For me, this cycle of replacing the phone every few months just had to end; I'm happy that this is almost over. But, having said that, when the TB was working good, really enjoyed it.

I did some of the window shopping earlier today at my local VZW store

Oh, btw, I have a patent on that sentence. Pay me. lol

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I appreciate your input, but the 3 choices listed were what I could choose from. Maybe that is because the TB is Android, so they offered something "comparable". I am certainly not against Windows Phone OS, but, at this point in time, I'll be using an Android OS based phone. I actually did have a Windows Mobile 6.5 OS phone in the HTC HD2 with TMO before signing with VZW and the TB. And, yes, I know Win Phone vs mobile are also quite different as well. For me to have chosen anything not on the list of offered replacements would have been too expensive.

Update: the Bionic is arriving today/Friday. VZW thought it may have been after the weekend, but they must have opted for faster overnight delivery. Kudos to VZW CS.