eligible for upgrade. Upgrade now or wait

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I bought my girlfriend a new phone thursday. It is on my account which i upgraded to a family plan. Well looking at my account it says that line is eligible for an upgrade as of when I bought the phone. Is this normal or will I lose the upgrade tomorrow?
Also I have a thunderbolt. Problem is I am having some problems with it. I was going to transfer her upgrade to my number and use it to choose a new phone. I see the bionic is incredible but it is also $300. Are there better phones coming out that may be cheaper that I can use my upgrade on?

thank you

cece5702

Reaction score
I bought my girlfriend a new phone thursday. It is on my account which i upgraded to a family plan. Well looking at my account it says that line is eligible for an upgrade as of when I bought the phone. Is this normal or will I lose the upgrade tomorrow?
Also I have a thunderbolt. Problem is I am having some problems with it. I was going to transfer her upgrade to my number and use it to choose a new phone. I see the bionic is incredible but it is also $300. Are there better phones coming out that may be cheaper that I can use my upgrade on?

thank you

I can use my hubby's upgrade or upgrade early in December. I'm waiting!

Sent from my DROIDX

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

thank you

You bought her a new phone with contract or used and just added it. If it was add on using your equipment, it will qualify for upgrade. I'd wait for November when new phones coming out

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I went to walmart and bought her a phone. Then I upgraded to a family plan and put her phone on the family plan with me.
I just don't want to make the mistake I did with the thunderbolt. Now I wish I would have waited because the phones coming out now are so much better and the new ones can run ice cream sandwich which I don't think the thunderbolt will ever run.

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I went to walmart and bought her a phone. Then I upgraded to a family plan and put her phone on the family plan with me.
I just don't want to make the mistake I did with the thunderbolt. Now I wish I would have waited because the phones coming out now are so much better and the new ones can run ice cream sandwich which I don't think the thunderbolt will ever run.

So phone you bought from Walmart was a new activation and you signed a two year contract?

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
yes to both. Somehow it still shows up as eligible for an upgrade.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
yes to both. Somehow it still shows up as eligible for an upgrade.

Lol I wonder if its a glitch. I remember when I was on Att, it happened to me. I jumped on it cuz I knew it was a glitch

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
so I'm guessing it will revert back tomorrow? I don't want to buy a phone right now and regret it later and the verizon store rep assured me it wouldn't revert.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
so I'm guessing it will revert back tomorrow? I don't want to buy a phone right now and regret it later and the verizon store rep assured me it wouldn't revert.

Wait on it. If it stays tomorrow you might be in good shape.

doublea500

Reaction score
I would wait with your upgrade not too long though. Android Ice Cream Sandwich is comming out (new os, like froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb...) and new phones are comming along with it. before you use the upgrade, wait for the upcoming phones such as the Galaxy Nexus (one im waiting for) and the droid razr. these are probably going to come out either this month or early november. earliest it can possibly happen is the 18th/19th where ics is going to be released, and hopefully the galaxy nexus as well.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the droid razor and galaxy nexus going to be like? Will they be better than the bionic? Any other phones coming before christmas?

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
razr and galaxy nexus are going to be ridiculous. obv i dont know cuz it didnt come out but the strongly rumored specs for them are amazing. if you like apple, which im guessing you dont because this is a droid forum:D, then you cant go wrong with the iphone4S. Im not sure about the other phones coming before christmas but 1 newly released phone, the galaxy S II, is also a good phone. my friend has it so i know its good first hand.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
yeah I forgot to say the phone has to be 4g and hopeully under $200. I don't want to fork out $300 for a phone. Especially when I paid $250 for my thunderbolt.

doublea500

Reaction score
the galaxy nexus will probably be $300 and hopefully not more. Id just wait a few days to see what happens on the 18th/19th depending on where you live when they unveil ICS and a few other things.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
how much will the razr be and will it be as good as the bionic or nexus?