Which eExtended battery and which screen protectors. Help a newbie.

shadow9d9

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 2 and I was wondering if I should go for the verizon extended battery or the 2800 seidio battery. Any opinions?

Also, are there any halfway decent screen protectors? The ones on Amazon seem to have horrible reviews.

I bought a few crappy cases from amazon as well as put in an order for the otter case when it comes into stock at Amazon.

Any help would be appreciated.

j1999t

Reaction score
the seidio battery hasnt had good reviews in my opinion, i would go with the extended, one guy on this forum has gotten 32 hours with the extended battery

Herndon

Reaction score
I have the motorway battery and love it. I also have a sagg screen protector. Little pricey but it's a lifetime warranty and is holding amazingly for me so far

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the Motorola extended, and it's awesome. Easily worth $50.

Also, I have a "Wal-Mart" screen protector, and it's holding up well. It doesn't have the light deflection or whatever it's called, but it's all about getting it on correctly the first time.

Taegost

Reaction score
I'm using the Seidio extended battery from my Droid 1, it works fine but it only lasts me a day under normal use... I'm wondering if the D2 draws more juice then the D1, but I've been too lazy to look it up. The battery did work great on my D1 though.
As far as screen protectors, I don't really bother... If anything were to damage the screen on the phone, it would be unusable, even with a protector as far as I'm concerned :)

thetexan525

Reaction score
As far as screen protectors, I don't really bother... If anything were to damage the screen on the phone, it would be unusable, even with a protector as far as I'm concerned :)

As far as I'm aware screen protectors are more to prevent scratches that could be a real annoyance otherwise. I love my zagg screen protector, it's held up great, even with my phone being in the same pocket as my keyring a lot.

Anyway, back on topic! The moto extended battery works great for me, lasts about 20-30% longer than the standard. However since I use my phone more as a computer dealing with HEAVY use all day I have to carry around a spare battery anyway, so I'm considering just getting another standard battery so I can eliminate some of the extra thickness due to the extended battery.

Cunha

Reaction score
For batteries, factory motorola ones are worth the extra.

michellescruisin

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the factory extended battery and the extended battery cover? any help would be greatly appreciated.

K20turbo

Reaction score
factory batteries best. why go aftermarket plus thing looks ugle as well. Im using the white cover and extended battery looks absolutely sexy.