Help finding a case/screen protector

chessknt

Reaction score
Hi,

I am really having trouble finding a well-reviewed case or screen protector for my droid 2. It spends a lot of time in my pocket and I dont want to scratch it up, so I have been on the lookout for a case for a week and havent found anything that isnt accompanied by heavily mixed reviews. Ive tried a few but found that they dont fit the phone well.

Can anyone vouch for a good case and/or protector that will keep the phone relatively free of damage when carried in a pocket with keys and such?

Thanks in advance!

want a droid

Reaction score
I bought a 3 pack of clear screen covers that lay right on top of the screen. I like it a lot because it makes the screen better for sliding and typing while also adding scratch protection

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
i totally recommend the Zagg invisible shield for the droid2. ive been using zagg since i had my first phone way back and its been awesome.

as for a case, there really isnt much out there yet. most of the stuff is at verizon store/best buy. if youre looking for one now, a case that will really protect and pretty cheap is the snap on gel hard cover from verizon and if youre looking for something hard/thin go for the rocketfish one at bestbuy.

i literally sat at the verizon store opening and trying on each case they had until i found the one i wanted lol.

good luck

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
I bought a three-pack of screen protectors for my Droid 2, they were available (but expensive, even with 25% corporate discount) from the Verizon store.

I got the Body Glove snap-on case (has an optional included detachable belt clip), and like it. I just checked --Amazon has a deal that includes this case, the screen protectors, and a car charger for $18.65. Pretty darn good, if you ask me.

Amazon.com: Body Glove Snap-On Case for Motorola Droid 2: Electronics

Barristro

Reaction score
http://www.stealthguardprotectors.com/

Great deal on those for a limited time. Free and only $2.85 for shipping.
Shipping takes 2 - 3 weeks, but for the price, you can't go wrong.
They work GREAT too!

Other sites, and possibly other posts here, state that these protectors are awful.

I bought two sets myself (for less than $5.00 total) just to check.

My guess is that these nay-sayers did not do the simple (and necessary) step of using a solution to help apply the protectors. A very small amount of soap in a cup of warm water is needed to 1) dissolve the glue and 2) enable you to position the protector where you need it. Using this method, I was able to put on the front protector, let it dry for an hour, decide that I didn't like how it was positioned, take it off, wet it down, and place it where I wanted it. It looks fine and works great.

For no reason at all, I also put on the other protectors. The bottom front one never looked right when I was sliding it around and squeegeeing it. But, due to the FM principal (F-ing Magic), it managed to dry perfectly and looks fine. The three on the back of the phone really bring out the blue of the phone and highlight the glitter in the paint. Nice, if you like that sort of thing. Personally, I would have preferred a black phone.

One suggestion I have is to grab a razor blade to score the edges before lifting the film from the backing. I don't think they are sliced all the way through.

Personally, I prefer anti-glare protectors. But, I didn't see any that cover the entire front of the phone (Verizon's barely cover the viewing portion of the screen). For the money, these work great, look nice, and don't affect the phone's ability to fit in my holster.

zoo16

Reaction score
I picked up a couple sets of those Stealthguard protectors, so I'll compare them with the Zagg kit:

Stealthguard:

Pros:
Cheap cost - I was able to get them when they only charged for shipping. (Bloated shipping costs, yes. But for $6 I got 2 sets, front & back.)
Dried clear - Fairly easy application, and they were very clear.

Cons:
Cheaper quality - Definitely not made out of the same tough-as-nails- vinyl as the Zagg kits. Are scratch resistant, but fairly easy to scratch with a sharp object.
Poor fit - The back sections were ok, but the touchscreen section was too big and no matter how much I moved it around it would not fit within the edges. I didn't try to trim it, but looks like it would work fine if some time was spent to trim the excess.

Overall, it was a good kit for the price, but I ended up swapping it for the Zagg kit when it finally arrived.

MikeT4

Reaction score
The carbon case from Verizon is OK. It blocks the top row of keys a little.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Barristro

Reaction score
I picked up a couple sets of those Stealthguard protectors, so I'll compare them with the Zagg kit:

Stealthguard:

Poor fit - The back sections were ok, but the touchscreen section was too big and no matter how much I moved it around it would not fit within the edges. I didn't try to trim it, but looks like it would work fine if some time was spent to trim the excess.

I did not have that issue at all. Mine fit perfectly. Perhaps yours was stretched out when removing the vinyl from the card. If so, I still consider that to be Stealthguard's fault for not cutting it all the way through.

luvbutrfly

Reaction score
I highly approve of the invisbleshield by zagg. I had one for my iphone and after 2 years of heavy use; the phone looked like new when I took it off. That's what I've gotten for my droid2 ... but I have not had much luck finding a case for it. I bought the body glove case but had problems with the front half not staying on from the start - and within a month or so the back half fell off as well.

I really would like to be able to find a case that will protect against drops. That I can get now - since it appears the otterbox case is going to be taking awhile to come out.