Which Screen protector is better?

roflcopters

Reaction score
I got the Zagg. It definitely has an interesting texture compared to other screen protectors, but so far I like it. It was also the first one that require me getting the screen of my phone wet lol...but overall I'm happy with it. Got it and the Body Glove from Best Buy together with 30% off the total.

Shel

Reaction score
Steinheil Cystal Clear! Absolute Best hands down. You would never know it was there if you hadnt put it on. Ive had them all too!

Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid

Olson
Do these show fingerprints? I've seen other screen protectors by Steinheil, which claim to be fingerprint reistant, but I don't see that claim for the Crystal.

My biggest gripe, actually, my ONLY gripe about the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guards are that they are a fingerprint magnet, and show smudges and prints much worse then a naked Droid.

Oh... and these are apparently out of stock, and have been for a few weeks.

Thanks!

lovekmats

Reaction score
I'm personally not a fan of Zagg cause of the thickness and the feeling of the screens. I got the whole body invishield for my iTouch and the touch was hard to adjust to because of the thickness of the shield. It might differ for the Droid but I'm not a fan of the way it feels.

For my Droid, I got the Boxwave anti-glare screen protector due to some recommendations, but I didn't realize that it created that "prism" effect on my screen. I love the feel of it and it doesn't collect any oil or fingerprints, though which is HUGe in my book. My invisishield collected a LOT of fingerprints and it was a pain to always be cleaning it. I've gotten over the prism-ness made by the screen.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the Zagg and got the full body. However, i took off the back of it cause i liked the flat black/rubber look better.

RyanS2000

Reaction score
I got my screen protectors in the mail today and just got done installing. No air bubbles at all and can't even tell it is installed. 3 pack for $2.99, shipping was approx 3 days.

The screen protectors I purchased and the seller I purchased from:

3X LCD Screen Protector for VERIZON Motorola DROID A855 - eBay (item 290389469225 end time Jan-18-10 13:24:35 PST)

Attached are some pics of the protectors (also came with a small cleaning cloth). Sorry, no pics of it installed on my droid, honestly though you cant even tell there is anything on there so a pic wouldn't show anything.

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
I prefer the sgp steinheil crystal, bought it for my psp a year ago and haven't had to replace it yet.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone use the one Verizon sells?

Enter your location

I picked up a pack when I got the phone to tie me over until I found something else. They aren't bad, specially for the price ($12 for 3 I think). They go on easy enough and hold up well. The only thing I don't really like is they do NOT cover the bottom/home buttons. So you have a slight edge on the bottom just above the buttons. Highly annoyed me at first but now I'm used to it so... it's not annoying enough to 'replace' them early so I will wait until they need replacing (when may be a while, they are fairly heavy/thick so seam like they will last quite a while).

But between the two in the OP I would go with Seidio. They make great products (I have the Innocase and Holster for the Droid and love them).

pushdrops

Reaction score
Anyone use the one Verizon sells?

Enter your location

they're bloody awful

we got a free pack when buying our Droid and free Eris at the VZW store - a pack for each phone

they work well - 1st time i've ever used a screen protector, didn't think i needed one but figured why not try since they were free , after all i can't tell its even on the Droid (don't use a case) with my wife's Eris, the edges keep a bubble because of the case that she has (pushed the edges)

note that she installed both, using a credit card to smooth out the bubbles and the very 1st try was on her Eris, it came out with too many bubbles, my Droid was next - came out well , then she put a second one on the Eris, worked well

it's been since the mid of Dec that we've been using the initial protectors, the guy at the store said they would last for a month, so it's been almost 1 month and both are holding up well (a tiny bit of the edges are peeling up on my Droid but not much, nothing you can even notice unless looking for it - nothing near the display portion)

i don't know if I'll buy replacements once these are gone (i think they are 10-packs) so that's gonna last for some time .....

based on my wife's 1st result with the Eris , it def depends on how well you apply - how careful you are (the 1st one she tried on the Eris had so many bubbles in the middle, it was awful)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm not a fan of the Zagg. Too tacky and no way to avoid the orange Peel. I had an Invisible Gadget Guard on my Samsung Impression and loved it. A little thinner than the Zagg but still protects as good. And it is very smooth. Barely know it is on there.

GEWheeler

Reaction score