Which Droid to get?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by xbox171c, Sep 20, 2010.

1. xbox171c

xbox171c New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a BB Storm, but my contract just ended so I have an upgrade. I know I'm a little late on the Droid X and Incredible (even though I love my dad's incredible). Im not sure if i should go for the X or droid 2 right now, or wait and see if another HTC pops up in the near future? Thanks

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    IMO wait, this last quarter should bring some worthy devices to the playing field :happy:

BTW Welcome to the Forum

3. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my droid 2 and if you need a phone right now I would go with this one especially if you are coming from the BB storm. But some of the commentors are right. There are alot of buzz from websites and developers that in a few months some amazing new devices are coming out and you don't want to get something you may not need now and it be archaic compared to those new ones. Do what's right for you.

4. searayman

searayman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It really depends what you like in a phone. If you prefer a real keyboard go with the droid 2. If you do not mind a soft keyboard i would highly recomend the droidx i am blown away by mines speed and battery life

5. moneymatt

moneymatt Member

Ratings:
    +0

I would say coming from a storm, upgrade now. Droid2 is great, but its pretty much the same functionality as the droid-1. It's such a rock solid platform.. anything else new on the horizon is going to be shine over substance.

6. SteveInSac

SteveInSac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm a new owner of droid 1. My contract with Verizon was up a couple of months ago and I was going to buy the droid x with the discount but after taxes it still was going to be about $300. I found Wirefly.com and was able to get it free! Even overnighted it to me free. I am new to the smartphones and I love it, even has updated 2.1. Wirefly will contact verizon to upgrade your plan. I guess they get some kind of kickback.

7. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Steve, the Droid 1 is on 2.2 now. ;)

8. SteveInSac

SteveInSac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct!

9. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moneymatt you have a valid point. It seems like everyday there are speculations of newer and faster phones coming out, so yeah go for the droid 2 and experiwnce an amazing Motorola droid smartphone.