Which Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Clf7971, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Clf7971

Clf7971 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys/gals,

Looking to get a droid and not sure which one i should get. Im with Verizon and im looking at either the Moto X or the HTC Incred. Any advice on which would be a better choice. Or if i should wait and see if another better handset comes out in the near future. Thanks for any help.

2. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Play with both, choose the one you like better. They are both fairly different.

Now I went from the Incredible to the X and would never go back ;)

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I agree! Go to a VZW store and test drive the phones. One will jump out as the one for you!

4. switch

switch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i too am looking at getting a droid, besides personal pref. is there any thing that makes one better than the other?

5. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed. go into store.....do not listen to the BS the sales people will blow up your rear. they get $$$ to up-sell or promote certain devices more than others.
    if they ask just tell them your going to buy 1 you just haven't made your mind up yet. make a couple of calls with each of the phones. tinker with all the aspects of the phone.

just dont let the sales person be pushy or influence your decision.

Droid X Review
    Droid Incredible Review

if you want a bigger screen go X. if you want Sense UI go Incredible.

6. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +385
    Both are great phones, I think it just depends what size fits better with your life.

7. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    I have them both (along with an original Droid) love them both equally. Both are rooted, both are themed. The Droid X is big and powerful. The Dinc is lightening fast, and (because it's an earlier model with the AMOLED screen) has a *gorgeous* screen display.

The downsides are a lackluster battery on the Droid X - typical Motorola phone, and an even worse stock battery on the Dinc. The Dinc's battery problems are attributable to the fact that I have the brightness CRANKED, and an AMOLED screen sucks battery power like crazy. The plus side is I got an extended battery and that 100% (for me, anyway) solved the battery problem. So far, Seidio hasn't yet released the equivalent battery for the Droid X, so I tend to use the Dinc more often than the Droid X.

Earlier posters are right - go to Verizon and play with both phones, and get the feel for which one works best for you. They're both great phones, so you can't really make a bad choice.

-Mike