Which phone would you get?

Seaner

Reaction score
So I can finally upgrade and i dont know which phone to get. Should i get the buy one get one free droid for 75 bucks or should i wait for the droid x or droid 2? sorry this is kinda trivial but any suggestions would help me deicide. and btw im not considering the incredible cause i heard it sucks

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What are you using now for a phone?

I've been happy with the droid and got it when it came out. I've got a strong feeling I'll be happy with it for another year too, but that doesn't mean I'll be keeping it at that time. If I was in your shoes I also would not get the Inc. Not because it sucks but because enough isn't known about the new Moto phones yet. If you can hang out a few weeks that will let you learn more and be able to make a better decision. If you will be doing the 2 year plan its worth waiting even a month to make sure you don't regret your purchase. Although, you do have 30 days to try out your phone. You can swap for another (one time I think) if you think something else would be better for you.

Welcome to Droid Forums! Good first question/post.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
wait for the Droid X... or droid 2 if you need a hardware keyboard

IMO

also worth looking into... find out when the Droid X will go on sale, then 30 days prior to that, "try out" the motorola droid (within 30 days you can return it), then trade it in for the Droid X when it's released

vonfink13

Reaction score
The droid is excellent. The droid 2 looks like they have fixed some hardware complaints that people had, among other things. I don't have those complaints tho. I highly recommend the original droid.

Million

Reaction score
Yep. Look it up. Droid X has a huge screen and multimedia capabilites.
Droid 2 is a better Droid with keyboard.

I would shoot for D-X, though I wanted the Incredible before the other two came out (in the news)

wait for the Droid X... or droid 2 if you need a hardware keyboard

IMO

also worth looking into... find out when the Droid X will go on sale, then 30 days prior to that, "try out" the motorola droid (within 30 days you can return it), then trade it in for the Droid X when it's released

zodder

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see how the Droid X feels with a Snapdragon processor. That might be hard to pass up.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, no Snapdragon.. Snapdragon is just a buzzword these days. Wait for newer versions of the Snapdragon to be used. They might be better.....The one being used right now is not too good.

See Quadrant pics for an idea of the OMAP vs. Snapdragon. The X is called the Shadow in the pics.

Its like Intel vs. AMD...where the OMAP (what should be inside the Droid X and 2) is Intel and the Snapdragon is AMD.

Seaner, yes, wait. It wont be too much longer. Wait just to have more choices. But the Droid 's price cant be beat.

zm@n

Reaction score
Which phone???

Really depends on what your doing, i have the moto droid, love that i can speed up my phone, and when i find a froyo rom i like i will update to that and be able to compete with any new phone out there. but if i had to choose now I would wait and get the Moto X, why you ask, big screen, hdmi, better processor..... camera etc.. anyway, do your homework, read a lot then pick the one that best fits your needs, .............my needs, beat iphone users all around me.

good luck

zman

iPirate

Reaction score
Id get the one that fits what I need the best, thank you for asking my opinion.

OP
S

Seaner

Reaction score
What are you using now for a phone?

I've been happy with the droid and got it when it came out. I've got a strong feeling I'll be happy with it for another year too, but that doesn't mean I'll be keeping it at that time. If I was in your shoes I also would not get the Inc. Not because it sucks but because enough isn't known about the new Moto phones yet. If you can hang out a few weeks that will let you learn more and be able to make a better decision. If you will be doing the 2 year plan its worth waiting even a month to make sure you don't regret your purchase. Although, you do have 30 days to try out your phone. You can swap for another (one time I think) if you think something else would be better for you.

Welcome to Droid Forums! Good first question/post.
right now i have the env touch...
and i just found out that the buy one get one deal is for new customers only so id have to spend 300 (100 rebate tho) on the droid...
how much more could he x or droid 2 be