Unsure about which phone to upgrade to

viper3773

Reaction score
Well this is my first post on this forum and hopefully someone can help. I have been reading around this board for a while and have finally registered.

I am eligible for an upgrade 9/9, which Droid phone would be my best bet to upgrade to?

I currently have a LG Dare, and i love it.. This will be my first smartphone.

I just want to hear some peoples oppinions on which would be the best bet for a phone for 2 years... Droid X or Droid 2? I am assuming that the DX & D2 > HTC Incredible...

No phone will be perfect but what do you guys think? Thanks.

.. Also, how does everyone protect their new phone?

1. Warranty, yes or no?
2. What kind of case?
3. I have heard that the LCD protectors when pealed off discolor the glass.. is that true?

Thanks for everyone guys :)

W

warp

They're all good phones but I would definitely recommend the X just because of its screen size and speed. :D

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend the D2. Its got the physical keyboard and speed. I personally cant see the x going into my pocket, its big.

fastpat

Reaction score
Well this is my first post on this forum and hopefully someone can help. I have been reading around this board for a while and have finally registered.

I am eligible for an upgrade 9/9, which Droid phone would be my best bet to upgrade to?

I currently have a LG Dare, and i love it.. This will be my first smartphone.

I just want to hear some peoples oppinions on which would be the best bet for a phone for 2 years... Droid X or Droid 2? I am assuming that the DX & D2 > HTC Incredible...

No phone will be perfect but what do you guys think? Thanks.

.. Also, how does everyone protect their new phone?

1. Warranty, yes or no?
2. What kind of case?
3. I have heard that the LCD protectors when pealed off discolor the glass.. is that true?

Thanks for everyone guys :)
1. I don't watch video on my phone, so I'd go with a Droid 2 at this time were I to replace my current Droid 1. I never buy an extended warranty.

2. I have a hard case (with velcro closed flap) that mounts on my belt, from Nite Ize.

3. That's false, the skin's don't do anything to the glass (at least the Skinomi didn't, I don't see how any other could), but after two attempts to use one, I stopped. My hard case is doing a good job of that.

OP
viper3773

viper3773

Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys.

So with no LCD screen protector, does your screen get scratched?

And how is using the touch screen for typing on the D2? I know it has a physical keyboard but i like both .. :)

cromo8

Reaction score
i prefer keyboard myself

comes with one year warranty that covers internal damage and software issues

i always get the insurance because tis always worth it since its so cheap

no screen protector for me screens are way too scratch resisten

case sometimes but only the piece for the bottom of the phone not around the screen0

on screen keyboard is super awesome

fastpat

Reaction score
The improved keyboard is one of the new features of the Droid 2. Motorola eliminated the joy pad and made all of the keys slightly wider, reducing one of the major complaints about the slide out KB.

My screen isn't getting scratched at all so far. While it eventually might get scratched, I figure I'll get a replacement at the two year mark anyway, so what the heck. I keep my phone in one of two places 99% of the time; the multimedia stand or in the holster on my belt. It's unlikely to become scratched in either location.

OP
viper3773

viper3773

Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys.

i prefer keyboard myself

comes with one year warranty that covers internal damage and software issues

i always get the insurance because tis always worth it since its so cheap

no screen protector for me screens are way too scratch resisten

case sometimes but only the piece for the bottom of the phone not around the screen0

on screen keyboard is super awesome

Which of the warranties do you get?

cromo8

Reaction score
its insurance not warranty i get the one thats 6 dollars a month, covers everything from water damage to throwing it at the wall yourself and loss and theft