Upgrade time!

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid X, and I am eligible to upgrade, which phone do you feel is best? why?

Ive been looking at the Razr and Bionic, being the 2 newest phones, are these 2 really the best?

Things that I dont like about my X:
Not being able to see the screen when im outside.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I just did a lot of weighing of the decisions and decided I was going to hold out for the GNex to see how it was before I made a decision. Then my D1 finally ticked me off for the last time on Sunday and I went and upgraded to the RAZR. I may still switch to the Nex if it releases in time, but I am thinking that is very unlike. I am super impressed with the RAZR and the more I play with it and learn about it the more and more I like it. I can't see switching to the nexus unless it does something just totally mindblowing that the RAZR can't. So far all the cool features on the Nexus are ICS features, which the Razr will get.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Best is subjective.

However, the rumor is the D4 and Nexus are dropping around Dec. 8th, so if you could wait a week that'd be best then you can see all your options.

I'm personally waiting for the Nexus

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
I hear people talk about Nexus's but I dont think ive ever even seen one? What company makes them? Im assuming they are android OS also? what is the D4?

My main wants are:
*a screen I can actually see outside
*a nice vid recorder (ive been wanting to buy a hd camcorder, but would rather buy a new phone that takes nice vids :p )
*a front facing camera, never tried skype on a phone, but i think it would be really cool (skype is free like on the computer right?)
*Ideally id also like to buy a mount for my vehicle and figure out how to wire it to my head unit so that I could use it as an MP3 player for my truck also if its possible. Im assuming it is with the right cords :)

I just got my wife the thunderbolt, and my dad and sister both just got the charge, I noticed that when running advanced task manager, the thunderbolt has alot more free memory than the charge does. That surprised me considering the Charge is newer.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D4 looks awesome, get that if you dont care about hacking or getting instant upgrades. Im thinking on the nexus. Bionic is a nono since the razr is basically a better made bionic.

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Also just noticed that HTC came out with the Rezound? How does this phone play into the mix? I noticed its selling point is the beats by dre stuff?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Also just noticed that HTC came out with the Rezound? How does this phone play into the mix? I noticed its selling point is the beats by dre stuff?

Only phone that comes with Beats by Dr. Dre

As for the Nexus it's going to have the brand new reworked Android 4.0. I recommend you check out the Nexus part of the forum to get more info

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only phone that comes with Beats by Dr. Dre

As for the Nexus it's going to have the brand new reworked Android 4.0. I recommend you check out the Nexus part of the forum to get more info
Beats is a gimmick. Nothing to cheer about.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Beats is a gimmick. Nothing to cheer about.
Tell that to the general public....:D

All Beats headsets do is bring the bass up. I am more than happy with my pair of Senheissers or even these $10 skull candy earbuds

OP
T

trizzypballr

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the comments guys, it seems like most people believe the Nexus will be the best phone out there. Btw, hows the battery life supposed to be with the Nexus?

To the last poster, why do you say not to use Task Managers?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ok thank you for the comments guys, it seems like most people believe the Nexus will be the best phone out there. Btw, hows the battery life supposed to be with the Nexus?

Battery life is supposed to be fairly good from what I've read, but of course these reviews are done to really work the battery, I forgot the amount they got out of it. However, battery life is subjective and we all have different uses for our phones, but I can tell you that it's going to be an 1850mAh battery.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Task managers are a heavily debated topic. My advice is you dont need it, what it does is clear the ram which in turn requires energy to get app back into ram. Once it is ram it wont be used until you click on it. So theoretically your creating more work for the phone. But once again, many are for it(average joes), many are against (that would be the nerdy people)