Where is the Bionic announcement

tcayton49

Reaction score
I'm not worried at all. I haven't seen any advertisements for any upcoming phones and I seriously doubt that all phone manufacturers have suddenly stopped making phones. I'm looking forwarding to seeing what kind of ads they put together for the bionic, but the fact that they haven't advertised it yet doesn't mean much to me.

M

Mullensbb

I think you're a little paranoid, as someone with an advertising and marketing degree; I think motorola and verizon are completely content with all the blog talk about the bionic. people are obviously interested- I'll bet we will see a big push of advertising with about 2 weeks left....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents. Notice how Verizon isn't announcing phones? It most like because they don't want people to wait one phones. They just want people to buy them. Notice how samsung hasn't officially announced the SGS2 yet? Sure we think it'll be announced on the 29th but still.

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

corymcnutt

Reaction score
I think Moto is upset with Verizon for delaying the launch...CEO said it was built and ready to sell, but Verizon wanted to wait until September. I don't know what Verizon's plans are...but Moto wouldn't be able to advertise it until Verizon OKs it. It seems they advertise a lot more immediately after it is available...we know about it, but the average consumer doesn't know or doesn't care. When they see this slick new phone on TV, then they'll say, "Man that looks great," and go into the store to see/buy it. Advertising early only upsets customers that walk-in and say, "Where is it?"

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're probably right. They know the average consumer doesn't want to wait, so they wait until the phone is released, then spend their advertising money to get people into the stores.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Phil from AC is saying that Verizon will be making an Announcement on August 18th!!! Could it be about the Bionic or an Announcement about the change coming to Verizon? We have to wait and See!!!

Source

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it is a Thursday, possibly a release date? At least it's not too far away.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I disagree with some of u on the advertising deal. I seen countless advertisements for the Atrix and the Charge. I thank the Atrix commercialls showed up about 3 weeks to a month before release so I thank we will start seeing stuff soon.

Sent from my Moto Droid

sk102704

Reaction score
Verizon wants people to buy the inventory of phones they have now instead of waiting for a phone to be released. If they advertise the Bionic before the release, my guess the earliest we'd see them would be two weeks out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
Phil from AC is saying that Verizon will be making an Announcement on August 18th!!! Could it be about the Bionic or an Announcement about the change coming to Verizon? We have to wait and See!!!

Source

According to later posts in that thread they are saying its just a promotion for non smart phone customers to get a $100 credit to get a smart phone........not a release announcement. Booooo, I was really hoping we might finally hear something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dmw017

Reaction score
I heard the bionic was relaxing at the pool, so I went. Well, no bionic, but I did enjoy the pool. As it would turn out the pool was a pond on a golf course. Man am I horrible at golf.

I love this post so much.

das2042

Reaction score
I heard the Bionic is with Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart!

Now that's just dumb, everyone knows that big foot took it on his vacation to Brazil with the lochness monster.

sk102704

Reaction score
Now that's just dumb, everyone knows that big foot took it on his vacation to Brazil with the lochness monster.

Where's the link?