Where is silent mode?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by slinky, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark3748

mark3748 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never said anything beyond the simple fact that if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to keep it.

Complaining about a design decision made by a Taiwanese company on what basically amounts to a fan site will get you no where. We offered solutions which you shot down completely and now have degenerated down to straw man arguments.

But, then again, what can you expect from a lawyer.
    (That is an example of an ad hominem attack, for future reference ;) )

2. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a bad design decision at all. The volume rocker CONTROLS THE VOLUME. That's how cell phones have always been. There are other ways to control the volume, yet you seem to think the old way (which someone proved is not any faster than the current one) is the best. Technology and software evolve - would you expect everything to be the same in all of the iterations of Windows/OSX? No. Cell phones are the same way.

It doesn't "kill" me that you're being stupid. I find it hilarious that you think you're so important and so busy that you can't take 1-2 seconds to change a phone to vibrate or silent. I guarantee your old way took at least that. And, *gasp* you can even change the volume while doing the other incredibly important things that you need to do!

3. shortsxit

shortsxit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd hate to see what would happen if something serious happened--like you spilled your stupid coke, or your favorite restaurant changed the stupid logo of the stupid sign that had previous worked. Why would the big stupids change something that already worked? Big bunch of stupids.

:icon_ nono2:

4. shortsxit

shortsxit Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He doesn't have time to find out how a new phone works. Don't you know anything? He lives in the big city, and time is money. He can't be bothered by such trivial things.

You obviously work in a coffee shop if you have the time to go through all those dang widgets, and screens, and such.

5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,819
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Ok...this threads degraded far enough....closed.

Sent from somewhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to make htc silent
how to put htc on silent mode
how to put htc one on silent
how to put in silent mode htc one
how to put silent mode on htc one
how to turn htc on silent
how to turn silent mode htc one
htc one silent mode