Not open for further replies.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If it bugs you that much return it.

I can't believe this much complaining about the volume control.

Sent from somewhere...

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Yup, this thread is ridiculous. Here are the step by step instructions since you seem to like numbered lists...

1: press the power button to turn the screen on

2: swipe down to unlock

3: press and hold down on the volume rocker, this will put you in vibrate mode.

4: if you don't want vibrate mode and instead prefer completely silent press up once on the volume rocker.

This is the EXACT same amount of key presses it took on your incredible (power>swipe>power>press vs power>swipe>volume>volume) to engage silent mode and one less key press than it took on your incredible to engage vibrate...

Change isn't always a bad thing, and in this case, is sometimes far more intuitive.

Imagine that, the VOLUME is changed by the VOLUME ROCKER...

Sent from my ADR6400L

mark3748

Reaction score
There's an HTC widget that let's you switch between them, under Widgets>Settings>Profile
Why in heaven would I want to install a widget on this power challenged phone when all I had to do was press the power button and be done with it?

You do know that widgets don't inherently use more battery, right?

The issue with using a lot of widgets is the ones that most people use use data. Friend stream, weather, news, etc all sync themselves constantly.

A simple widget that toggles a feature uses as much as an app shortcut.

Also, when you're given several solutions to a problem and dismiss them all, it seems more and more like you are trolling and not actually looking for an answer. My suggestion is, if you hate the phone so much, go back to your old one. No one is keeping you from it.

You're well within the return period, as is everyone else. I personally love the phone and have not had any issues whatsoever. As has been said, maybe this just isn't the phone for you.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Yup, this thread is ridiculous. Here are the step by step instructions since you seem to like numbered lists...

1: press the power button to turn the screen on

2: swipe down to unlock

3: press and hold down on the volume rocker, this will put you in vibrate mode.

4: if you don't want vibrate mode and instead prefer completely silent press up once on the volume rocker.

This is the EXACT same amount of key presses it took on your incredible (power>swipe>power>press vs power>swipe>volume>volume) to engage silent mode and one less key press than it took on your incredible to engage vibrate...

Change isn't always a bad thing, and in this case, is sometimes far more intuitive.

Imagine that, the VOLUME is changed by the VOLUME ROCKER...
Wow... that's incredibly intuitive. I hope nobody at HTC got a seizure in creating this "enhancement."

You're well within the return period, as is everyone else. I personally love the phone and have not had any issues whatsoever. As has been said, maybe this just isn't the phone for you.
What amuses me more than anything else is the old "it just may not be for you" line. Perhaps this thread just may not be for you, lol.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...

If you're that worried about keeping up with your day and work, I suggest you get a Blackberry and stop whining.

The thread may not be for him? Haha. You're the only one that's having a problem here.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Wow...

If you're that worried about keeping up with your day and work, I suggest you get a Blackberry and stop whining.
I'll do that when you personally reimburse me for the Android apps I bought and set up my Blackberry so that I don't have to migrate everything from the Incredible and now the Thunderbolt. ;)

Bottom line is that this decision was pointless by HTC. There was no purpose in changing what was offered on the Incredible. Most of all, if we've invested time to learn the HTC Sense system we shouldn't have to invest time to figure this all out again.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I had a card, I would gladly give you back the money you spent on paid apps if it meant you'd stop complaining. You posted a thread, got responses you clearly aren't happy with and seem to be the only one with an issue. You wanted the Thunderbolt, you got the Thunderbolt. It's NOT the Incredible so stop bringing it up and trying to compare the two. It's idiotic. They're different phones so the way they function is going to be different just like anything else. If the Incredible is so much better, return the Bolt and wait for the second one.

And honestly, it's not like it's really all that hard to learn how a new phone works. it doesn't take long at all, especially when you're already familiar with a smartphone. For someone who depends so much a device supposedly, I'm sure you could figure it out in no time.

Last edited:

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I'm done with this. In the last couple of days all I've seen you do is complain. Everything from battery life (admittedly this is a real problem for some users) to the placement of menu systems. If you don't like the tbolt then return it and get something else. The bionic is coming soon, but I promise you this, you'll have to learn a new menu system...

For someone who claims to be SO busy you sure do spend a lot of time complaining...

Take all the time you would spend complaining about your new phone and spend it on learning how to use your new phone and you'll be fine...

Sent from my ADR6400L

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
I get a kick out of you guys. It just *kills* you that someone isn't happy with a bad design decision so much so that you can't stay away from the thread. :) What's funny, as I mentioned, is how you guys cannot even admit that there is a bad design decision, as that might tarnish the holy phone. Must tell user he should sell it and get an iPhone, lol.

Quite frankly, mkjellgren, you didn't have to waste 2 hours in the Verizon store as they fiddled around with everything and were unable to get the phone to work.

mark3748

Reaction score
I never said anything beyond the simple fact that if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to keep it.

Complaining about a design decision made by a Taiwanese company on what basically amounts to a fan site will get you no where. We offered solutions which you shot down completely and now have degenerated down to straw man arguments.

But, then again, what can you expect from a lawyer.
(That is an example of an ad hominem attack, for future reference ;) )

trebb

Reaction score
I get a kick out of you guys. It just *kills* you that someone isn't happy with a bad design decision so much so that you can't stay away from the thread. :) What's funny, as I mentioned, is how you guys cannot even admit that there is a bad design decision, as that might tarnish the holy phone. Must tell user he should sell it and get an iPhone, lol.

Quite frankly, mkjellgren, you didn't have to waste 2 hours in the Verizon store as they fiddled around with everything and were unable to get the phone to work.

It's not a bad design decision at all. The volume rocker CONTROLS THE VOLUME. That's how cell phones have always been. There are other ways to control the volume, yet you seem to think the old way (which someone proved is not any faster than the current one) is the best. Technology and software evolve - would you expect everything to be the same in all of the iterations of Windows/OSX? No. Cell phones are the same way.

It doesn't "kill" me that you're being stupid. I find it hilarious that you think you're so important and so busy that you can't take 1-2 seconds to change a phone to vibrate or silent. I guarantee your old way took at least that. And, *gasp* you can even change the volume while doing the other incredibly important things that you need to do!

shortsxit

Reaction score
I'd hate to see what would happen if something serious happened--like you spilled your stupid coke, or your favorite restaurant changed the stupid logo of the stupid sign that had previous worked. Why would the big stupids change something that already worked? Big bunch of stupids.

:icon_ nono2:

shortsxit

Reaction score
If I had a card, I would gladly give you back the money you spent on paid apps if it meant you'd stop complaining. You posted a thread, got responses you clearly aren't happy with and seem to be the only one with an issue. You wanted the Thunderbolt, you got the Thunderbolt. It's NOT the Incredible so stop bringing it up and trying to compare the two. It's idiotic. They're different phones so the way they function is going to be different just like anything else. If the Incredible is so much better, return the Bolt and wait for the second one.

And honestly, it's not like it's really all that hard to learn how a new phone works. it doesn't take long at all, especially when you're already familiar with a smartphone. For someone who depends so much a device supposedly, I'm sure you could figure it out in no time.

He doesn't have time to find out how a new phone works. Don't you know anything? He lives in the big city, and time is money. He can't be bothered by such trivial things.

You obviously work in a coffee shop if you have the time to go through all those dang widgets, and screens, and such.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok...this threads degraded far enough....closed.

Sent from somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.