Where is silent mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinky

Reaction score
I press the power button. Where is silent and vibrate mode? It's like HTC forgot to include half the items on the Incredible.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

want a droid

Reaction score
You use the volume rocker on the right side of the phone. You can move between various loudness levels as well as choose silent and vibrate mode.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
I have no idea how that is supposed to work efficiently and my volumes keep changing to some default level. HTC changed much for the worse with some improvements. I have no idea why they would separate turning he phone on and off and different profile modes.

want a droid

Reaction score
Scroll through loudness levels, go all the way down for silent, press down once more for vibrate...

Not sure what's difficult about that

mark3748

Reaction score
There's an HTC widget that let's you switch between them, under Widgets>Settings>Profile

oa3hvs.png

2ih2pfm.png

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
There's an HTC widget that let's you switch between them, under Widgets>Settings>Profile
Why in heaven would I want to install a widget on this power challenged phone when all I had to do was press the power button and be done with it?

Even worse, why am I using up my valuable screen real estate to place a widget I didn't need? For crying out loud, why do I have a personalization button on the side of the phone that most don't need to get to after setting up their preference. This will take:

(1) Key press of the power button to turn the phone on
(2) swipe down to remove the lock
(3) swipe to the side once or twice to get to this useless widget
(4) press widget button to launch widget
(5) select silent mode.

What genius thought it was easier than this?

(1) Key press of the power button to turn the phone on
(2) swipe down to remove the lock
(3) while still in same position, hold down power to select silent mode

trebb

Reaction score
Sounds like you need an iPhone or a blackberry. Don't see what's so hard about the volume rocker- phones have used that since the beginning.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Sounds like you need an iPhone or a blackberry. Don't see what's so hard about the volume rocker- phones have used that since the beginning.
I used the Incredible before this - an HTC Android product. Why did these idiots change what was working, more battery efficient and practical?

Going into silent and vibration mode is something I will do several times a day. This is a needless, useless and stupid hassle for something that didn't need improving on it's own HTC non-Sense.

trebb

Reaction score
How is it less battery efficient to use hardware buttons on the side....?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
How is it less battery efficient to use hardware buttons on the side....?
So now I have to press those buttons several times to shut off the volume? Does that automatically kick the phone into vibrate or silent mode? How does the phone know which?

When I'm done with this, do I have to raise the volume by clicking the rocker several times again instead of just one button press?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Calm down....there's no need to get so hostile over volume control. Manufacturers change things for a reason. Obviously they felt the vast majority of users will find they way it works fine. You can't please everyone.

Sent from somewhere...

trebb

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with battery. Also, if you hold the rocker down it goes all the way up to max volume or all the way down to vibrate mode. If you press one up from that it goes to silent. Woo, 2 presses total!

Also, you have seven screens to use. Little toggle widgets take up next to no space, and if they don't have an updating feature they don't use any more battery. All of these things take about two seconds total. If it really is that much of a hassle to you, then return the phone. Seems to me like you just enjoy complaining.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with battery. Also, if you hold the rocker down it goes all the way up to max volume or all the way down to vibrate mode. If you press one up from that it goes to silent. Woo, 2 presses total!
So how does the phone know if holding the rocker down means I want silent mode or vibrate mode?

Also, you have seven screens to use. Little toggle widgets take up next to no space, and if they don't have an updating feature they don't use any more battery. All of these things take about two seconds total. If it really is that much of a hassle to you, then return the phone. Seems to me like you just enjoy complaining.
No - I work for a living. My time in the big city is precious and very expensive. I had a system where it took me 2 seconds to get something done which I do multiple times a day. I don't care to start swiping through 7 screens of crap to remember which screen I put what widget on for a function that people are expected to use all the time.

And please explain to me why it had to be removed? Were the two extra options causing some type of problem? I'm not angry, just unbelieveably disappointed with what an unpolished phone the Thunderbolt is turning out to be. There were weeks of delays and these items could have easily been discovered with a modicum of quality assurance review. Did NOBODY realize that the internal hard drive of every Thunderbolt wasn't mounting in Windows? It's all endemic of a lackluster technology dump. Perhaps HTC has another phone to sell shortly and rushed this one out.

trebb

Reaction score
Hahahaha. You can't take two seconds to do something that barely takes brain cells? You're being so ridiculous. No point in even attempting to respond to that post.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
Hahahaha. You can't take two seconds to do something that barely takes brain cells? You're being so ridiculous. No point in even attempting to respond to that post.
Respectfully, I have no idea where you work. If you work in a store making coffee, that's fine but you don't have to manage too much information. My day is filled with literally dozens of things going on and you try to make every minute of time efficient and keep track of all that's going on around you. No - I don't have the time to fiddle with more widgets than I need, especially when the prior system was efficient, logical and easy to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.