silent mode on tb?

Russ2387

Reaction score
anyone know if the tb will have a silent mode? my d1 does not {unless i root it and put a rom on it} and it drives me crazy. why would they leave that out??? vibrate only? really???

motty69

Reaction score
Every phone I've owned that used Sense has had a silent mode. I'd be very surprised if the TBolt does not.

Sent from my Eris

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, if it doesn't have it there's always system control apps like quick settings that can force silent mode.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
Of course the droid has silent mode...don't blame the droid because you can't figure out a smartphone..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
Of course the droid has silent mode...don't blame the droid because you can't figure out a smartphone..

i have had 3 droid 1 phones in my house. NONE have had silent mode. unless they are running a rom. I'm NOT talking about vibrate mode. i have used apps for it but they only work once and for some reason don't work again. i was just hoping it would come built in to the stock phone.

enilm

Reaction score

i have had 3 droid 1 phones in my house. NONE have had silent mode. unless they are running a rom. I'm NOT talking about vibrate mode. i have used apps for it but they only work once and for some reason don't work again. i was just hoping it would come built in to the stock phone.

For some reason ever since Froyo update, they don't go on silent anymore. They only go down to vibrate. I use an app from curvefish called SilentMode OnOff to change profiles.

nmoore125

Reaction score
Download the app Beautiful Widgets and grab the silent widget and you have silent mode. Pretty simple fix

rage151

Reaction score
Just slide the unlock bar to the left to go to vibrate and hit the volume down rocker one time. Goes to silent every time for me.

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
Just slide the unlock bar to the left to go to vibrate and hit the volume down rocker one time. Goes to silent every time for me.

that doesn't work mine or my wifes.

zshazz

Reaction score
Settings > Sound > Vibrate > Never.

Now you have a silent mode, but no vibrate mode, sadly.

OP
Russ2387

Russ2387

Reaction score
Settings > Sound > Vibrate > Never.

Now you have a silent mode, but no vibrate mode, sadly.

.... ya that worked. thank you. boy do i feel like an idiot.... :stupid: