Where did you buy Your DROID, What Did you with it. How Much Out the Door !!

Inundated

Reaction score
My first promotional phone...I was about a month and a half away from being eligible for promo pricing, and they had no problem making it happen.

L

leebodroid

Yodes,
I am currently with AT&T. My advice - Don't do it!!!

First off, don't switch because of one sales rep that was a ***** to you, maybe she just broke up with her girlfriend! I could understand if, like AT&T, the whole company treated you that way.

Second, I have 15 months remaining on my contract, and I'm still considering switching to VZW. The price I'd have to pay AT&T for leaving is much less than what I'd have to pay over the next 15 months for staying!

Everything you've heard about dropped calls is true. Besides, I bought an HTC Fuze in January for almost $400, 3 months later the charging pin cracked. They told me it wasn't covered under the warranty. In May I lost it over in Europe. AT&T offered to sell me a REFURBISHED unit - for $50 more than they sold me the new one!!! (Picked one up on EBay). Plus they were going to extend my 2 yr contract even longer.

It's obvious that they have no interest in keeping me as a customer, even though I've been with them for about 13 years (under Cingular).

Besides, you're trying to make the same mistake you made with the Storm. Don't be in such a hurry to get a Droid. Wait a month or two until REAL user reports come in - from actual customers!

My only pause in going to VZW (besides paying the ETF to AT&T) is VZW is upping the ETF to $350 on the 15th, and I am spoiled by being able to talk and use the Internet at the same time. I hear that is not possible on VZW with ANY phone.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged guys :icon_ banana:

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This is where I was at 530am on the 5th of Nov :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00010-20091106-0557.jpg
    IMG00010-20091106-0557.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 232

Naut Human

Reaction score
Yup thats right. I may not be doing it. I love the droid as a phone and i even love the Eris as a phone. They are both great. However when I politely called up Verizon to tell them I was unhappy with my storm etc and ask if there was anyway i could get an early upgrade. The rep was completely and utterly rude to me. She told me "oh your one of these guys huh? Well im sorry but just because the droid came out you cant get an early upgrade." I was confused because I never mentioned the droid and she said, "Well I've dealt with about 50 of you guys who are just looking for the droid personally today." Well at that point i was getting very angry. And I said well I dont blame then they were probably all storm owners who were looking to get out of the terrible excuse for a phone RIM and Verizon sold them. I said I myself have been disgusted with the storm and have had 4 replacements of it. She then said your account only shows one replacement. I said does that mean your calling me a liar? I know that I have had 4 replacements. She said "Thats not possible, your account only says 1..." At which point I cut her off and asked her who she was to tell me what I had and hand not gotten... yada yada yada.

I guess the moral of my long ramblings (sorry) is that I am so disgusted with the way I was treated that I want to cancel this instant and go get an iPhone right now. I love verizons coverage and the droid but im so turned off from Verizon right now i just may have to go get a little :iphone: even though i :heart::motdroidhoriz::heart:

Yodes I feel your pain. I went to a Verizon Wireless store near my place in person and my experience was worse...

Went into this store today to purchase the Droid and have Verizon be my new carrier (I have T-mobile now, contract is up). I stood around waiting for someone to even ask me if I needed help. Waited 15 MINUTES and left. This is by far the WORST customer service I have experienced anywhere, by far from a wireless carrier. I know this is case by case, but it's still unacceptable. I may take a look at at&t now.

Needless to say my first impression of Verizon is garbage. I did get to play with the Droid and Eris at Best Buy down the road and in all honesty, I like the Eris more. I am sold on HTC phones now. If the rumors of the HTC Passion is true, I will jump on that 100% without question.

Fullenwider

Reaction score
I was in contract with Cingular? when AT&T took over. A full year of paying AT&T and unable to use the phone. Called almost weekly to complain. Date contract up I called to cancel. Rep states "you haven't been switched over to the AT&T network, we can do that now".
I've been drooling over the iPhone since it came out but didn't want to experience the pain associated with AT&T again.
Ordered my Droid & will dump T-Mobile soon as my contract is up in December. I was hoping T-Mobile would get better phones.
Hopefully Verizon will treat me nice. They play nice they may get my Cable and Internet business also.

199 X 3 Droids thru my employers VZ Corporate Rep. + 1 phone doc for the Mrs.. $693.93 Total.

Seems he shoulda' trimmed the price alittle after reading this thread.

fng1113

Reaction score
Why do some people get 50 NE2 and others get 99?
depends on your calling plan and how long you have been with verizon.... I have been with them for several years and was lucky enough to get my $100 credit towards the DROID.....but I am hearing it might be my last.. verizon has changed the program

Calling Features: New Every Two®

looks like plans $79.99 and up will get only $50 every two years towards upgrade
and plans $34.99 to $79.88 will only get $30 every two years towards upgrade...........sucks but i guess was going to happen sooner or later

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I was 3 months from my "new every two" date and they upgraded me anyways.

Have you checked the Verizon website to see what it has to say about your upgradability? By all rights, I shouldn't have qualified, but the site said I did and when I went into the store, they didn't even blink.

Hopefully, you just had a cranky rep on the phone.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.
I'm 3 months out from my new every two date, and the website won't let me upgrade.

Maybe if enough people complain, the government will start a Cash for Clunker Phones - to help offset the cost of upgrading. :D

LOL bring those bulky looking cellphones from the 90's

mcb

Reaction score
$199 after MIR. Plus Cali sales tax :mad: on the full price of the phone... $55 or so.

More than I would have liked but glad to be rid of my Voyager.

missin44

Reaction score
My Report:

199.00 out the door, once I mail the rebate, 99.00 total for the DROID. Coral Springs, FL

My Sales Rep Thomas was Great !!!

Bought the Home Dock and Car Dock. They only had a few Home Docks there. All were sold before I left. Sounds like they had more car docks though.

Free Activation.

They gave me my NE2, $100 off.

I got my normal Discounts, job and such.

These Prices are with my discount applied.

I bought the Home Dock 26.99

The Car Dock 24.99

Screen Protectors 11.69

Snap On Gel Cover 11.99

Didn't buy a car charger, the Storms Car Charger works with the DROID. Saved some money there :p

Which Droid, Moto or HTC? If the Mto how did you get that price?!

QiG

Reaction score
My interest was piqued by the Droid but I figured I'd wait until my contract was up next June (or at least until my NE2 in March) and consider the iphone. I started reading more and more on the Droid and it seems awesome (tons of potential) and then I got an email on Tuesday letting me know that I'm a fricken' rockstar and I'm a "select customer" eligible for an early upgrade to a new smart phone. At that point I knew it was just a matter of waiting til payday (yesterday) to get the wheels in motion.

I planned on going through Amazon but I changed my mind when I saw it was backordered (and as of today OOS completely). So I put on my running shoes and started going around town to see what I could do.
1) First stop at a Verizon store to play with it for a bit and make sure nothing stood out that I wouldn't like. I heard about deals elsewhere so I decided to come back to the store as last resort as to not deal with the mail in rebate
2) Headed up to Walmart where I heard they were selling it for $188. No luck as they weren't stocking them until they moved old inventory
3) Headed up to BestBuy and waited patiently for a rep. He took my info and let me know I wasn't eligible to upgrade through their system until my NE2 date. I thanked him and went on my way.

I was determined to get my hands on this phone at this point, but I was hungry and grabbed a $5 Little Ceasar's pizza to maul while I game planned. I rechecked my email and it states to call their 866 number or take a printout into a store for my early upgrade. I took a chance and called and got hooked up with a guy named Kevin. Kevin had to verify I received the email and when it checked out I asked him if the rebate is mail-in or instant over the phone and he said it's still mail-in. (Funny thing about the email is it says "Not available online" and then goes on to list the new smart phones with the online 'instant rebate' prices). I let Kevin know that I was gonna head up to the store since the rebate is still mail in and I'd be able to have a phone today and he said, "Let me see what I can do for you" and ended up getting the phone for me at $199+tax straight out. Kevin F'N made my weekend with this :icon_ banana:

I guess it pays to put in a little work to get the deal you want. For anyone else looking for special pricing, it won't hurt any to call and ask. Be polite and hope for a good rep, but be understanding if you aren't eligible since it was worth a shot to try.

Looking forward to my new Droid arriving via FedEx on Wednesday :icon_ devil:

texasPI

Reaction score
My interest was piqued by the Droid but I figured I'd wait until my contract was up next June (or at least until my NE2 in March) and consider the iphone. I started reading more and more on the Droid and it seems awesome (tons of potential) and then I got an email on Tuesday letting me know that I'm a fricken' rockstar and I'm a "select customer" eligible for an early upgrade to a new smart phone. At that point I knew it was just a matter of waiting til payday (yesterday) to get the wheels in motion.

I planned on going through Amazon but I changed my mind when I saw it was backordered (and as of today OOS completely). So I put on my running shoes and started going around town to see what I could do.
1) First stop at a Verizon store to play with it for a bit and make sure nothing stood out that I wouldn't like. I heard about deals elsewhere so I decided to come back to the store as last resort as to not deal with the mail in rebate
2) Headed up to Walmart where I heard they were selling it for $188. No luck as they weren't stocking them until they moved old inventory
3) Headed up to BestBuy and waited patiently for a rep. He took my info and let me know I wasn't eligible to upgrade through their system until my NE2 date. I thanked him and went on my way.

I was determined to get my hands on this phone at this point, but I was hungry and grabbed a $5 Little Ceasar's pizza to maul while I game planned. I rechecked my email and it states to call their 866 number or take a printout into a store for my early upgrade. I took a chance and called and got hooked up with a guy named Kevin. Kevin had to verify I received the email and when it checked out I asked him if the rebate is mail-in or instant over the phone and he said it's still mail-in. (Funny thing about the email is it says "Not available online" and then goes on to list the new smart phones with the online 'instant rebate' prices). I let Kevin know that I was gonna head up to the store since the rebate is still mail in and I'd be able to have a phone today and he said, "Let me see what I can do for you" and ended up getting the phone for me at $199+tax straight out. Kevin F'N made my weekend with this :icon_ banana:

I guess it pays to put in a little work to get the deal you want. For anyone else looking for special pricing, it won't hurt any to call and ask. Be polite and hope for a good rep, but be understanding if you aren't eligible since it was worth a shot to try.

Looking forward to my new Droid arriving via FedEx on Wednesday :icon_ devil:

LOL! The pizza thing sounds like something id do while scheming to get my hands on my latest obsession! Hope you enjoy it!

hyperlite456

Reaction score
I also paid 99.00 out the door for the motorola droid. I guess I was lucky because I had originally purchased the HTC imagio and when I went in to exchange phones, the computers were down. The lady wasn't able to do an exchange for certain reasons, so after 45 minutes of waiting at the counter, she gave me an even exchange with no restocking fees. Pretty sweet.

fussion101

Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering the droid this weekend but something doesn't seem right....

What's the difference between unlimited data usage and unlimited web browsing?

* PDA/Smartphone Unlimited
o Unlimited data usage
o Unlimited access to corporate or personal email accounts and web browsing
$44.99/month

* Email and Web for Smartphone
Unlimited access to personal POP3/IMAP email accounts and web browsing
$29.99/month

There seems to be different configurations with the 450 minute plan that I want and it ranges from $70-$80-$110 a month. (Letstalk.com, overstock.com, and verizon's site)

I don't want to be locked into the wrong plan for 2 years...