Where did you buy Your DROID, What Did you with it. How Much Out the Door !!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JimMariner, Nov 6, 2009.

1. texasPI

texasPI Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you enter the freeovernt promo code then it will not show up. So don't enter the promo code and then you'll have the pull down menu to choose your shipping option.

2. GSteagall

GSteagall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    $199.99 + sales tax out the door, with $100 rebate :) Man I'm gonna love this $99 phone, haha. Oh, and I should've worn a belt today. Almost blew my pants off.

3. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 64G
    Yeah, it's got some weight to it, but I think, well deserved from what I can see it does already. I am wasting my time typing on the forum when I should be playing with my DROID !!! But someones gotta do the dirty work :p

4. wallstreet123456

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you bring your contacts in easily? I use outlook at home and am not sure how to do it once I get the phone.

5. JimMariner

JimMariner Silver Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 64G
    They did it at the VZW store for me, uploading from my phone to the Droid, then it automatically sycn'ed it with my google account I have assigned to the Droid.

I didn't use my Outlook for it, those addresses weren't as important to me as was my Storms address book.

6. wallstreet123456

Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming from a non-smartphone so all my contacts are on outlook. I will need to look around for a way to do it easily. Is there a desktop application for the roid if not are they planning one?

7. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Use google sync! Just create an gmail acct. Then use google sync to send to it. Then sync your phone with you gmail acct. Everything should come right on over. If I understood what I read about it :)

8. BigTex71

BigTex71 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Arrived at the Verizon store at 6:40am and only two other people were waiting for them to open at 7am. They brought out Starbucks coffee to us while we waited for 7am to come. Others showed up around 7am when they opened, but us first 3 got ours first. We all got the Media Center and Car Docks. The store only had 3 Car Docks, so everyone else was told they were sold out of the Car Docks (glad I showed up early.)

I got my NE2 $100 discount, so Droid was $199. I have already filled out and put the rebate in the mailbox for my $100 debit card. Got discounts on accessories (work-related), so I got Car Dock and Media Center for $22.49 each. I thought I got screen protectors, but it turns out I got a P.O.S. privacy protector for $9.74. [It sucks - it was slightly bowed so it would not fit flush on the screen. It is going back for the screen protectors.] I also got a leather case for my belt for $18.74. Total damage was $296.02 with taxes. Not bad considering I will get the $100 debit card in a few weeks.

9. texasPI

texasPI Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think fo the leather case? DOes it have a fixed clip or is it swivel/removable?

10. forkup

forkup Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the phone this morning at walmart. It was a bit of a hassle because I'm on an old alltel plan. I am absolutely loving this phone so far. It's gonna be a bit of a learning curve but I welcome the challenge. Good bye RIM rip. The last phone I had before my blackberry curve was a moto e815 and i still think it's the best dumb phone ever.

11. BigTex71

BigTex71 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The one I got is fixed clip. Very tight clip... I had to pull at it a while to be able to fit it over my belt the fist few times. But now it is 'broken in'. It has a nice Verizon Wireless 'stamped' in the leather. Nice looking case IMO.

12. rgarbin76

rgarbin76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to get mine by calling verizon today so i got to wait for my mail in rebate, but it all works out i guess. i also got the 50 instant and 100 mail in rebate.
    home dock: 22.50
    car dock 22.50