Where did you buy Your DROID, What Did you with it. How Much Out the Door !!

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
paid full retail $559 plus a leather case worth $25 plus taxes on both..
bought it on westlake office in daly city, ca

J

JohnDroid

I can see why you would be upset, but at the same time you have to see it from the rep's point of view. She probably gets flooded with people all day trying to scam her (and her company) out of free stuff. It's her job to try and make sure no one scams the company.

She does need to handle the situation better and do it without being rude though, there is no excuse for that.

Yodes

Reaction score
I would say your treatment from VZW is an isolated incident. They are always quite nice to me when I call. And since you are not eligible for an upgrade, what did you expect? For them to say yes? C'mon. Really?

BYE! Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out!

(You sound like you WERE trying to get a Droid discount before your time was up.)

As a matter of fact I was expecting them to say yes. Since they sold me probably the biggest POS ever to be called a phone. As I work in customer service when a product fails as hard as the Storm does and someone says they are unhappy with it you correct it. Rather than LAUGH and say "oh one of these guys again"

And BigTEX you sound like you work for VZW customer service :rolleyes:. yes I was trying to get a droid before my time was up because I have a horrible phone that doesnt work for me. The reason there is a problem is i never even mentioned the droid to her. I just said I was unhappy with my storm how can you help me?

O

OCJP

I would say your treatment from VZW is an isolated incident. They are always quite nice to me when I call. And since you are not eligible for an upgrade, what did you expect? For them to say yes? C'mon. Really?

(You sound like you WERE trying to get a Droid discount before your time was up.)

As a matter of fact I was expecting them to say yes. Since they sold me probably the biggest POS ever to be called a phone. As I work in customer service when a product fails as hard as the Storm does and someone says they are unhappy with it you correct it. Rather than LAUGH and say "oh one of these guys again"

And BigTEX you sound like you work for VZW customer service :rolleyes:. yes I was trying to get a droid before my time was up because I have a horrible phone that doesnt work for me. The reason there is a problem is i never even mentioned the droid to her. I just said I was unhappy with my storm how can you help me?

You can't expect them to say yes when you should have known what you're getting into when you bought the 1st generation Storm. Didn't you read any reviews???

The bottom line is this. The rep who helped you today at VZW was probably having a bad day dealing with people who are trying to get out of their contracts or get early upgrades for the DROID - causing her to have to go through their I'm sure, very tedious system of completing orders like this. And as I said, it's probably an isolated incident with a bad rep. But I wouldn't expect coming on here and complaining about VZW as a mirror to the DROID - then not expecting to be hammered by making a comment about going to the iPhone. By the way, you will have to terminate your contract, it seems, to go to the iPhone anyways. So your point again was?!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to the store in person. they will (at the very least) give you the one-year price, which is like $379. then $100 MIR it becomes $279...

if they're hesitant, give them a sob story about your current phone, and they will give you the "lost,stolen, or damaged" price (same as above).

i've upgraded no problem a few times before my contract was up.

good luck. the droid is nifty.

BigTex71

Reaction score

No, I don't work for Verizon. So you think that because I don't agree with you? LOL.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you were most likely thinking of getting a Droid since today is the launch day.

I'm sorry you didn't get your way. I'm sorry that you bought a POS Storm. But, really, your issue should be with BlackBerry, not Verizon. They are the ones that made the Storm.

I agree that she handled it wrong. But I can see her frustration as well as yours. Apparently the rep at your local Verizon store did not annotate each replacement you received. Maybe you should go to the Verizon store that replaced your Storm 4 times - maybe they will recognize you and confirm that you had issues with the Storm. Or ask the rep at your local store why they didn't mark your account with the replacements. Raise your voice a little and speak to the Store Manager. They may be much more willing to work with you than a rep on the line that is most likely in a far-away country anyway.

Peace.

Yodes

Reaction score

You can't expect them to say yes when you should have known what you're getting into when you bought the 1st generation Storm. Didn't you read any reviews???

The bottom line is this. The rep who helped you today at VZW was probably having a bad day dealing with people who are trying to get out of their contracts or get early upgrades for the DROID - causing her to have to go through their I'm sure, very tedious system of completing orders like this. And as I said, it's probably an isolated incident with a bad rep. But I wouldn't expect coming on here and complaining about VZW as a mirror to the DROID - then not expecting to be hammered by making a comment about going to the iPhone. By the way, you will have to terminate your contract, it seems, to go to the iPhone anyways. So your point again was?!

I never said that I disliked the Droid. I love the Droid. Its fantastic. I was just saying how disgusted I was with how I was treated by VZW. I just honestly don't want to subscribe to a service that treats me in such a way. I was just saying by the iPhone that I feel its the only other comparable phone to the Droid, and since I don't want to be a VZW customer after the way I was treated then i guess my only alternative was iPhone.

As for terminating my cost to terminate would be 115, so theres that and then a new 3GS would cost 199, so thats $314, which is still 200 cheaper than having to pay $500 for a new phone from VZW.

Yodes

Reaction score

No, I don't work for Verizon. So you think that because I don't agree with you? LOL.

I think you didnt understand my reference. The reason I said that was because, when I told the Rep I was so disgusted with how she was treating me and that I would consider terminating because of it she said, "well you do what you have to do." That was basically just like saying "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." LOL just a small joke that was all no offense meant. :D

papy72

Reaction score
I was 3 months from my "new every two" date and they upgraded me anyways.

Have you checked the Verizon website to see what it has to say about your upgradability? By all rights, I shouldn't have qualified, but the site said I did and when I went into the store, they didn't even blink.

Hopefully, you just had a cranky rep on the phone.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.
I'm 3 months out from my new every two date, and the website won't let me upgrade.

W

witchmeadowdoc

I had a different experience. I called one month early before my eligble date, was treated well, got a new Droid for $99 and shipped for free to my home. I had to get a $29 month data plan with it but since I was paying $10 for data use as an average per month, this was a no brainer. I have had the distinct displeasure of doing business with ATT and would not wish that company on my worst enemy. Doc Lloyd

BigTex71

Reaction score
I was 3 months from my "new every two" date and they upgraded me anyways.

Have you checked the Verizon website to see what it has to say about your upgradability? By all rights, I shouldn't have qualified, but the site said I did and when I went into the store, they didn't even blink.

Hopefully, you just had a cranky rep on the phone.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.
I'm 3 months out from my new every two date, and the website won't let me upgrade.

Maybe if enough people complain, the government will start a Cash for Clunker Phones - to help offset the cost of upgrading. :D

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
All good stories about us getting our Droids, Keep it up people, it's interesting seeing how everyone else did today !!

papy72

Reaction score
Personally, I don't see why these wireless companies (or is it just vzw?) won't let you extend a current contract. For example, I have 3 months left before I can get a new phone. Why not give me the two year price, no "new every two" discount, and extend my contract to 27 months?

Seems like such a simple solution, and one that would make customers (like me) very happy.

garyll

Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with Verizon this morning, and I was one of their first customers. The rep at the sales desk told me she couldnt give me the promo price because I was 2 months away from my annual upgrade (I bought my Blackberry in January.) She insisted it couldnt be done, and I asked her to call the manager. He came over, she explained it to him and he said "2 months? Of course we can do it. It's only if it's like 5-6 months we have to say no." They also had someone from Google there helping people set up their Gmail accounts and they let us play with live phones outside from 6;30-7 while we were waiting. I have yet to have a bad experience with Verizon customer service. It's much easier to reason with people in person instead of over the phone.