Where did my silent go?

JLangevin

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for a while. Once I made the switch to Sapphire last month, I lost the silent feature on my phone... I can no longer turn off the vibrate function through the volume switch.

My wife complains that my phone vibrates and wakes her up at all hours of the night, and being the tech nerd that I am always have my phone close by... not to mention that I use it as my alarm clock.

So, how come that feature was removed from the volume switch? Doesnt make sense to me.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to Froyo 2.2... where silent was removed. Haha.

You can use beautiful widgets to silence the phone, or I believe its in the settings. I agree that some ROM makers should put this feature back. I don't like vibrate.

tktouch12

Reaction score
you have to put the phone into vibrate mode then go to
settings> sound> vibrate and you can choose: always, never, only in silent, only when not in silent.

thats how it is in froyo, who knows why they did it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you have to put the phone into vibrate mode then go to
settings> sound> vibrate and you can choose: always, never, only in silent, only when not in silent.

thats how it is in froyo, who knows why they did it.

See I didn't know that. Thank you.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
pl3x 2.2

PL3X 2.2 froyo build . Billy has put back in the silent in this release apparently froyo took it out but it is back with this release. If you havent used any of these roms they dont have lots of fancy stuff (apk's, etc) as some others do but does have some nice features and runs smooth with good battery life. this version comes with launcher pro as default and chevy's 1000mhz kernal which you can set up in pl3x controls without set cpu if you desire. no themes right now but he is working on them.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PL3X 2.2 froyo build . Billy has put back in the silent in this release apparently froyo took it out but it is back with this release. If you havent used any of these roms they dont have lots of fancy stuff (apk's, etc) as some others do but does have some nice features and runs smooth with good battery life. this version comes with launcher pro as default and chevy's 1000mhz kernal which you can set up in pl3x controls without set cpu if you desire. no themes right now but he is working on them.

Nice, I might just have to give this ROM a try. Sounds well coded. He should talk to me about getting a theme! Hah...