Vibrate and silent mode feature

theonuts

Reaction score
After the 2.2 OTA update, i can no longer have silent, vibrate, and ringer option on the volume control button. anyone know how to get that function back? I use vibrate 90% of the time instead of a ringtone it was nice to go from normal volume down to vibrate or silent by just pushing the button on the side.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted with a 2.2 rom and my volume key still allows me to lower the volume and if I go as low as possible my phone goes to vibrate mode.

Mike

EMC23

Reaction score
I have beautiful widgets and there is a silent widget that still seems to work.

Droid621

Reaction score
I too was using that function and now only the widget gets the phone to go silent, with no alerts of any kind. I use this in meetings where I place my phone on true table or desk in front of me and look periodically if the alert light is flashing or the screen lights up indicating a call. At least I still have the widget that works.

trvseq

Reaction score
yea i hate this stupid setting.....normally i left it in vibrate with no sound on using the volume rocker. now to have it vibrate but still click into silent the volume has to be on. WTF?!!?!?!?!? this is gona suck once i get back to school

Jeepers

Reaction score
I use ''quick settings'' - from the market - (widget is a gray circle with a yellow cog type of thing on it) Works great for several quick adjustments - and yes - has the sound to vibrate choice controlled by the side button as well :D

Last edited:
OP
T

theonuts

Reaction score
haha it doesnt make any sense though. a phone that vibrates in silences mode, isnt silent!!! haha the whole room can hear your phone vibrating in your pocket when its quiet.

warrior21

Reaction score
I use ''quick settings'' - from the market - (widget is a gray circle with a yellow cog type of thing on it) Works great for several quick adjustments - and yes - has the sound to vibrate choice controlled by the side button as well :D

+1 for quick settings

bionic4.0

Reaction score
After the reset how hard is the reload can you back things up first. Its a time issue for me. As in don't the time to sit down and rebuild my phone.