When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgek

Reaction score
Let's add more to the speculation. I was at my BB today to pick up my TB as it was adv in their ad. Of course I was told it was delayed. They said that the battery was the issue and was only lasting 2 to 3 hours. They also said it might be shipping with a 2300 mah battery. I am tired of this crap and seriously thinking of ... who the hell knows I am thinking of doing. It's just frustrating.

I doubt they will ship with a bigger battery since they'll also have to include another battery door. That would cost a lot of money.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
thread is dying, not much else to talk about until Thur/Fri lol

Honestly all the speculated dates minus this thursday/Friday have passed with no real information provided short of bmx hinting they may come this week. I may speak for others when I say I'm just tired of waiting, tired of hype, and I just want the phone already because the sooner I can get a rom on a 4.3 screen, the happier ill be. I'm no longer excited as to when it comes out, until official word is given.

I have long since sold my iphone. I NEED a better phone than this simpleton nokia 2610. It is seriously killing me, so I'm still wishing for thursday. That prob wont happen tho, or we would already know it by now...

Morlince

Reaction score
So, talked to my rep again, he says they are telling him still delayed. I asked him what he thought and he said he still thinks they are waiting on the iphone return policy to expire before releasing it. I said well we are past the 14 day policy. He said not for commercial accounts... i said DUH!!! I had totally forgotten that for commercial accounts the return policy is still THIRTY days. So that would put it till the 10th of March. If that's what they are waiting for... i know the commercial side doesn't account for a huge amount of purchases, but i'm sure it would make a difference, so maybe just maybe they are Still waiting on the return date to pass for the commercial side now.

/\\/\\orlince

stuigi

Reaction score
Let's add more to the speculation. I was at my BB today to pick up my TB as it was adv in their ad. Of course I was told it was delayed. They said that the battery was the issue and was only lasting 2 to 3 hours. They also said it might be shipping with a 2300 mah battery. I am tired of this crap and seriously thinking of ... who the hell knows I am thinking of doing. It's just frustrating.

I doubt they will ship with a bigger battery since they'll also have to include another battery door. That would cost a lot of money.

I don't know if that is necessarily true. A 2300 battery could probably be made to be the same size as a 1400. I also just heard another rumor that the date is now the 10th, then it will be the 17th, then the... etc etc etc

Morlince

Reaction score
So you dont have to click the previous link to see what it's about... pretty interesting.

I went to work today (Financial Analyst for Corp. Verizon) and got some interesting news some of you all may be interested in, just be sure to read it CAREFULLY.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Today i got to Hold and play with a thunderbolt. Unbelievable. this thing is Really really fast. my Supervisor gave me a specific Date And told us the to start preparation for launch which includes lining up future projection sheets and sales Yield analysis for upper management. Much of what needs to be done is scheduled very very shortly before All launches. it's coming. this information is Relevant to all Customers waiting the thunderbolts' Hard launch date. though i am not allowed to Tell you Exactly when it's launching due to my job security, Need not worry, the thunderbolt is sure to capitalize its sales now that its perfected.

Originally Posted by Bennnnn

(DECODED)

Today i got to Hold and play with a thunderbolt. Unbelievable. this thing is Really really fast. my Supervisor gave me a specific Date And told us the to start preparation for launch which includes lining up future projection sheets and sales Yield analysis for upper management. Much of what needs to be done is scheduled very very shortly before All launches. it's coming. this information is Relevant to all Customers waiting the thunderbolts' Hard launch date. though i am not allowed to Tell you Exactly when it's launching due to my job security, Need not worry, the thunderbolt is sure to capitalize its sales now that its perfected.

Natejka7273

Reaction score
That's pretty clever. I don't think it'll help his job security much but whatever. Technically BB and VZW don't have to launch the phone on the same day. BB could release it earlier if it's truly finished but we'll see...

Roadking13

Reaction score
Sorry for posting just the link. Again, new to the whole forum thing! It is interesting and hopefully the OP is really trying to help out. I think it was going to be the 10th anyway and hopefully it is announced in the next few days as he states later in the thread.

dbgoolsby

Reaction score

So you dont have to click the previous link to see what it's about... pretty interesting.

I went to work today (Financial Analyst for Corp. Verizon) and got some interesting news some of you all may be interested in, just be sure to read it CAREFULLY.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Originally Posted by Bennnnn

(DECODED)

More truth to this than you realize ... ;)

Morlince

Reaction score
True, but he goes on to say his name is not Ben, he uses a proxy and covers his butt. But the 10th has been a speculated date.... maybe he doesnt even work for Verizon we'll never know.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Bb doesn't do one year contracts just so you know and people don't think dual core is utilized it is motor said they tweaked 2.2 so both cores are supported an example is the atrix any dual core phone will eat the bolt alive your being an HTC fanbot twix sense ui does the same social intergration

Not buying from Best Buy.

If dual core was really optimized, it wouldn't only give 10-30% increase in scores between single cores. Even though it has 100% more processing power.

Moto can say they optimized Froyo for dual cores all they want lol. They also said they would ship me another Incredible after I shipped mine in and got a box back with GUESS WHAT?! A refurbished D1.

I'm not saying HTC doesn't too. I'm saying they don't say "Hey this is Sense and it's ALL about social networking!" If their phone has Motoblur on it, Motorola says "...and it's social too".

I can't really be a fanboy of a company I haven't owned a phone from... but whatever you say. :D

I just don't like the look of Motoblur. Especially the cartoon-looking red and green buttons. They also insist on bloating their phones. Though they have started to decrease the amount... it's not much.

Calling someone a fanboy for liking a UI is highly irrational lol (Flame someone else somewhere else?). I would like Motorola if they didn't lock down and bloat their phones so much. I would like Samsung if they actually updated their phones. I would like LG if I didn't have the worst phone ever... and it's an LG. I would like Apple if my iTouch didn't fry. HTC, besides being a little small in the battery department, has not done anything for me to not buy one. If there's one company that I like because they haven't done wrong to me, then yes, I'm a "fanbot". You must be a "fanbot" too since you follow the release of the phone "any dual core will eat".

Back on topic:...

I think the Bolt will be next week instead of what I thought earlier, the 4th.. Don't know why. Just a gut feeling. :D

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Bb called me about 50 mins ago saying I can pick my phone up and i just got it!!!!! It is awesome! Still just messing around with it!! :D

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

Morlince

Reaction score
Sorry for posting just the link. Again, new to the whole forum thing! It is interesting and hopefully the OP is really trying to help out. I think it was going to be the 10th anyway and hopefully it is announced in the next few days as he states later in the thread.

Dont apologize, you didnt do it wrong, i just was being helpful on your coat tails. :)

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spooluptheFTL
Great, thank you so much for coming Over to his forum And providing us With this Abundance of info all by Yourself.
I'm DYING of laughter right now (reply to the thread Bennnn put up).

Originally Posted by spooluptheFTL
I don't get why you'd be skeptical of a new person who shows up to a forum on the internet to provide people with inside information written in a code that your average fourth grader could decipher. Don't be so jaded, man.

This guy is hilarious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.