When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdForsythe

Reaction score
Hi Megan,
The Incredible is an excellent phone - a great choice. It will serve you well and do anything you want for years. I, like many technophiles, love to be on the cutting edge (no longer possible for more than 3 months :)). I once (about 1984 I think) paid $5000 for an IBM Microchannel PC! First one sold in Washington DC. God what a bomb that was - it may have been the last one sold also:icon_evil:. BTW, I like the Dinc display - good luck.
Ed F.

Morlince

Reaction score
Okay, so my commercial corporate rep told me he would call when he could order it for me. He just called and verified what number i wanted it on and told me i should get a confirmation email shortly.....

I'll let you know as soon as i know more.

dbgoolsby

Reaction score
Hi Megan,
The Incredible is an excellent phone - a great choice. It will serve you well and do anything you want for years. I, like many technophiles, love to be on the cutting edge (no longer possible for more than 3 months :)). I once (about 1984 I think) paid $5000 for an IBM Microchannel PC! First one sold in Washington DC. God what a bomb that was - it may have been the last one sold also:icon_evil:. BTW, I like the Dinc display - good luck.
Ed F.

I have the Incredible as well. It's a swell phone and super smooth/fast. You should get plenty of enjoyment out of it.

Morlince

Reaction score
I know, i checked after receiving the call. I still have not received the call back saying he could or couldnt. I'll call him around lunch and see what he says. ::Shrugs::

viper1549

Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't mean 'blowing up' in literal terms...probably just the battery draining fast which is what prompted the software fix. Software fix or not I don't expect much out of the TB battery or any other 4G handset for that matter. I already planned on buying an extra battery / USB cables even before hearing about this problem.

agreed.. if the phone battery was literally blowing up i guarantee it would have never got as far as a BB Phone Sales Rep..

vzn isnt that dumb..

Reaction score
And the Oscar for best drama goes to....HTC Thunderbolt!!!!

Seriously though, I'm getting so "tired of waiting for you" (to quote the Kinks). Thursday/Friday cannot get here fast enough!

EdForsythe

Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't mean 'blowing up' in literal terms...probably just the battery draining fast which is what prompted the software fix. Software fix or not I don't expect much out of the TB battery or any other 4G handset for that matter. I already planned on buying an extra battery / USB cables even before hearing about this problem.

agreed.. if the phone battery was literally blowing up i guarantee it would have never got as far as a BB Phone Sales Rep..

vzn isnt that dumb..
Of course not. I'm fairly positive that the statement wasn't to be taken literally. I have exclaimed on two occasions when one of my Lion batteries had spontaneously burned that the battery had "blown up!" If you have ever seen one burst into flames that's a natural but erroneous conclusion. Many Lion powered laptops, cellphones, cameras, etc. have burst into flames followed by outbursts close to or exactly like "My $#^&* (blank) blew up!" :) My advice - if you feel a cellphone becoming extremely hot get rid of it immediately! Check out this link it's one of thousands. Lithium-ion safety concerns
Ed F.

Last edited:

sansavi

Reaction score
thread is dying, not much else to talk about until Thur/Fri lol

Honestly all the speculated dates minus this thursday/Friday have passed with no real information provided short of bmx hinting they may come this week. I may speak for others when I say I'm just tired of waiting, tired of hype, and I just want the phone already because the sooner I can get a rom on a 4.3 screen, the happier ill be. I'm no longer excited as to when it comes out, until official word is given.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well called the Verizon manager twice.. the one that was supposed to have my TB waiting for me today.. funny thing.. he won't answer the call or call me back.. gee.. I wonder if he got them like he said.. lol.. at least fed ex came today with my repacement D1.. guess I will go root and hack it for the next couple days..

huskur

Reaction score
Good Luck with the TB people. Don't rush things....you don't want a unfinished product. Just bring on the Bionic already.

stuigi

Reaction score
Let's add more to the speculation. I was at my BB today to pick up my TB as it was adv in their ad. Of course I was told it was delayed. They said that the battery was the issue and was only lasting 2 to 3 hours. They also said it might be shipping with a 2300 mah battery. I am tired of this crap and seriously thinking of ... who the hell knows I am thinking of doing. It's just frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.