When will the razr get ICS?

Zandar

Reaction score
I just hope they give me the option to "ask me again in 30 days" rather the daily nag messages for the OTA.
I've never had a phone work as smoothly as this one and I'll be glad to let the beta testers do their thing.

You can always root and rename a few apps (or install a custom ROM) so you don't get prompted to update, then flash back to stock once the beta testing is over.

Sliced from my RAZR

doomangiger

Reaction score
Is there a somewhat bug free version of razr sandwich out yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there a somewhat bug free version of razr sandwich out yet?

I haven't seen one yet. There are a couple out for the .744, .748, and even the .173 versions of Gingerbread but other than the one person who claims to have a partially working ICS on a RAZR there is nothing else.

jeppes

Reaction score
Not soon enough i'm so ready for ICS

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not soon enough i'm so ready for ICS

I recently (last few days) read somewhere an interview with a Verizon executive who stated the RAZR would have ICS by the end of January. I don't remember what thread it was on or who the exec was but even if it takes till the end of February I would rather they have the time to clean up the issues with it, streamline it to work well with the RAZR, and take the time to polish the Motorola overlays before releasing it. The GNex was pushed out too quickly with ICS and there are many problems that I would rather not experience.

surge

Reaction score
I was surprised and excited when I got ICS 4.0.3 on my Xoom, great tablet, but after several days of using it I realized I noticed no benefit. Blur makes Android better.

Jonas

Reaction score
I went to my VZW store the other day, talking with the manager, and his direct words were no other device will get a "legal" version of ICS until atleast June. Because Google wants the Nexus to be exclusive for 6 months. That's direct words from a VZW manager. Take them at that, and only that.

As for ports of ICS, those are already in the works.

Sent from my Banana Phone

jeppes

Reaction score
They are doing that because they know the Nexus is garbage so if they give Razr 4.0 no one will want that nexus crap

Jonas

Reaction score
They are doing that because they know the Nexus is garbage so if they give Razr 4.0 no one will want that nexus crap

Well, to each their own in terms of reasoning. Just passing along words I have heard.

I'm looking for an upgrade phone now. I thought I had it pegged with the Rezound, but a lot of people say the razr is legit. Shucks... Another phone to research...

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Honestly, most of the big ones we already have (at the front end, at least). We already have some of the front end features of ICS (camera access from the lockscreen, quick shutter, panorama mode, folder creation, resizable widgets; a few others). The ones we'll get that we don't already have are Face Unlock (unlock the phone with your face via the front facing camera), a better hunt-n-peck keyboard (I'm a Swype acolyte for sure, though), better multitasking pane (a la Honeycomb style), more integrated themes (it won't get rid of Motorola's themes, but more apps should start to come out that will match your stock theme); some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. It'll basically be a nice UI overhaul on the front end.

On the back end, though, Android always improves it's speed, garbage collection, multitasking, etc. in every version. Your RAZR should be snappier, battery should last longer, etc.

As for Blur updates, we won't know until we see them. Blur used to suck, but this last version is actually quite nice. I have to say I'm rather looking forward to Motorola's rendition of ICS.

You forgot to mention the best thing. Gpu accelerated ui. Gb dont got that yo. :p

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I went to my VZW store the other day, talking with the manager, and his direct words were no other device will get a "legal" version of ICS until atleast June. Because Google wants the Nexus to be exclusive for 6 months. That's direct words from a VZW manager. Take them at that, and only that.

As for ports of ICS, those are already in the works.

Highly doubt that. No offense.

jeppes

Reaction score
I know I was just saying that's prob. The reason

jeppes

Reaction score
Yeah hope he is wrong but looks like ill have to wait till June then

Jonas

Reaction score
Yeah hope he is wrong but looks like ill have to wait till June then

Why? I would expect a functioning and stable port of ICS to be out and working within a month, or two at the absolute latest for the Razr. And rooting phones has become so straight forward, with tons of guides. But that's just my suggestion. If you aren't into rooting and Roms, then June isn't that far away. :D