What's uuupppppp?

timodell7

Reaction score
My Droid should be here tomorrow. Been busy doing my research and found this site. The only problem I've read about so far was that you can't install apps to sd card. How do they expect to sell apps when you are limited to the amount you can have installed? I hope there is a fix for this soon because I am app happy. I like that you can listen to music and have turn by turn nav. That make's me smile ear to ear. One question though, how sturdy is the 3.5 mm head phone jack? I plan on using it often and don't want to snap any solder connections from bumping the jack back and forth. Nice to be here. I'm going to look around a bit.

Forgot to mention it's the motorola droid. :)

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Tim to the forums...

Great to have you on board.

I have had no problems with the headphone jack but that my experience.

In regards to Apps2Sd I believe that will be native to Android in future updates or iterations of Android. Right now you are correct it's not possible YET but it's available if you root the device.

At any rate welcome...enjoy your stay.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy Tim :welcome: to the forum. i wouldn't worry too much about app storage. i've had 150 apps on mine and had no problems. at first you'll be dl'n everything like crazy but eventually you'll see you don't use half of them and they're so easy to uninstall then reinstall when needed. the only app i've seen that's caused storage problems is homerun battle but i personally haven't tried it. after you've become more familiar with your droid and done your homework on here you'll have the option for apps2sd.

i bought my droid november 6th and use the headphone jack ALL night EVERY night. just don't jerk it around and you'll be all set. good luck :D

OP
timodell7

timodell7

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm still reading about the advantages of rooting and wondering if I'll even bother. Cereal Killer, thanks for easing my worries in the app department. Tomorrow will not come soon enough. My last phone "moto q" was stolen from me and it's been 2 months without my brain. It will be nice to get organized again.