External Audio Not Working

y3ndor

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new here and I thought you guys can help. I've gone through the forums looking for an answer but I couldn't find anything.

My external audio stopped working earlier after playing around with the Google Music widget. Now whenever I connect anything to the 3.5 mm jack, it simply plays through the bionic speakers not the external speakers attached. This happens for phone calls, listening to music, or video. It simply does not recognize that there's a plug in the jack

This has happened twice to me and the first time around I thought it was a hardware issue. So I went to Verizon and they took one look at it and exchanged it for me.

Now the same problem is happening on my new phone, 1 weeks later. So now I'm thinking it might be a software issue because I think it would be too much of a coincidence for the same thing to happen again back to back.

I've tried to plug in the HDMI cable and the audio play on the TV speakers just fine.

If any of you could give me some input, that would be amazing.

Thanks for your time!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I think its the same problem as your first Bionic. Faulty hardware.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

OP
Y

y3ndor

Reaction score
Hi, just an update. It turns out it was a hardware problem. Apparently they got a bad batch in the verizon store I bought my phone from. Figures.

In either case, I've gotten a replacement phone through the warranty service and everything's good now. Cheers.

brent.murray

Reaction score
I tried the minihdmi with my bionic to a hd tv and immediately recognized and showed video... NO AUDIO though whatsoever..... tried a ton of apps,songs, videos, double check media audio vol, no luck.. was borrowing the brand new cable from a buddy. I'm going to Best buy where I bought it from and have them hook it up and see if they can.... hardware issue?

johnnyazn

Reaction score
My bionic plays video and audio just fine though my Samsung 32", but no sound when I plug it into my 50" panasonic. Could this be a hardware issue or cable issue?