What's up with the Social Location app?

gravitygod

Reaction score
I am no different than most experiencing shorter battery life than I would like but not shorter than expected. In trying various techniques to improve battery life I kept finding the pre installed app Social Location using a minimum of 10% of my battery usage. I have force stopped it and used the task manager to auto kill it. We will see how it all goes. Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am no different than most experiencing shorter battery life than I would like but not shorter than expected. In trying various techniques to improve battery life I kept finding the pre installed app Social Location using a minimum of 10% of my battery usage. I have force stopped it and used the task manager to auto kill it. We will see how it all goes. Anyone having similar issues? Any suggestions.
This is just a guess, but do you have Facebook installed and running and under data manager social networks enabled...I think the choice is sync over WiFi only? If so that might automatically start Social Locations...but I won't swear to it.