Social Location App Draining Battery

Yanks33Jets

Reaction score
For the first week or so of my Droid 3 the battery life was great. Over the last few days the battery has been draining very quickly, when I check what has been using the battery it says the social location app is using 98% every time I check. Has anyone else noticed this or knows how to prevent it? Thanks

bitdroid

Reaction score
I can confirm this problem. It has happened to me on numerous occasions.

I advise you simply not to open it. However, if you do, then go to your Task Manager, find it (you'll see that it's using about 98% of the CPU), then end the task.

That'll clear it up and your battery life will improve.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Does this app open automatically when starting up the phone or does the user have to open it? I assume the user needs to open it from the response to the question. If it requires action by the user then I don't care, as there is no way that I want to broadcast my location to everyone. If it is always open then that makes the D3 a no-go for me.

OP
Y

Yanks33Jets

Reaction score
The app is draining battery even if I don't open it. Will setting it to auto-end just end up using more battery than it would to allow it to run in the background?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app is draining battery even if I don't open it. Will setting it to auto-end just end up using more battery than it would to allow it to run in the background?

Nope, helping me hell of a lot. If it did that, I just wouldn't bother putting it in that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks....wasn't sure if you were just suggesting it or actually tried it

Haha ya, it really works. :) But, credit goes to someone else for showing me that, his username escapes me, though.

nu2droid

Reaction score
I actually added the whole list except my email programs. Getting easy 12-14 hrs on battery with good use.

cowerd

Reaction score
does anyone have a link to a social location.apk file?

richmelchr

Reaction score
I was able to Uninstall the "Social Location 2.0" app finally by using Titanium Backup Pro.
  1. open Titanium backup pro
  2. go to Backup/Restore tab at the top
  3. do a Filter search for "Social"
  4. then long pressed the app you really despise
  5. Selected "Convert to user app"
  6. then i was able to go into my uninstaller app and uninstall Social Location just like any other app.
its not running anymore or showing up on my battery usage at all.
kinda sucks this app was so poorly designed because after using it for a second it seemed kinda cool.

-edit-
after fooling around with 'Titanium Backup Pro' i think you can just press the app and select uninstall. should work more easy lol

-edit again lol-
after uninstalling the app my battery usage % shows an app named "com.aloqa.me.client_modules" which is the process the Social Location app was using when installed. I don't think its still running tho.

Last edited: