Bloatware... got unlazy and got her phone.

Coots

Reaction score
This will matter to some, some it won't so .. yea. Here's a list of bloatware that came on her phone.

Amazon Kindle
Blockbuster
GooMeeting
Flash pre-installed (not considered bloatware to me, just noting it's installed)
Guided Tours (no idea what that is)
Help Center ?
IM
Let's Golf 2
Madden NFL12
A couple Moto apps... I've never seen but some may have before MOTOActiv & MOTOPRINT
NETFLIX
NFL MOBILE
QuickOFFICE
Slacker
Social location
Sound Networking
Task Manager (she may have put this one, don't know) but it appears pre-installed
V Cast Tunes
Verizon Video
Videosurf

Plus a couple of other Verizon apps. I mean... to me this is crazy. I haven't had a stock phone since I bought the D1 so is all of this expected?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yes this is pretty normal with all Verizon android phones now with the exception of the new Galaxy Nexus coming out. Supposedly, the G-Nex only has 2 Verizon apps that would be considered bloatware. With the Nexus being a Pure Google phone, Google regulates OTA updates, rather than Motorola, HTC, or Samsung. With Google being in control of the device, bloatware isn't really a concern.

Last edited:

mguner

Reaction score
Yes, bloatware is there, but aren't some/most of them just icons and you have to download/install the actual programs manually?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wickedkae

Reaction score
Is that a full version of madden? if so that's awesome and not bloatware!!!

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Yes, bloatware is there, but aren't some/most of them just icons and you have to download/install the actual programs manually?

Yes...and more so than ever you can hide or put in a junk folder...they have no effects on performance or space at all.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nope, these are preinstalled apps that cannot be removed with rooting the device

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
Some you can delete, some you can't. No big deal. Put them on a home page out of the way. Like page 66.:)

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere it had around 25 bloatware apps which is insane. Thats one reason I am getting the Galaxy Nexus. No bloatware besides those 2 apps. One is My Verizon which I actually use and I will just root and remove the other if it can't be uninstalled.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere it had around 25 bloatware apps which is insane. Thats one reason I am getting the Galaxy Nexus. No bloatware besides those 2 apps. One is My Verizon which I actually use and I will just root and remove the other if it can't be uninstalled.

With Ice Cream Sandwich, which is on the Nexus, I thought I read that you can disable apps. I'm curious to read how thoroughly that feature works on the Nexus and all phones that will have ICS stock.

When the RAZR gets ICS, will they really allow all of that bloat to be disabled???

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
With Ice Cream Sandwich, which is on the Nexus, I thought I read that you can disable apps. I'm curious to read how thoroughly that feature works on the Nexus and all phones that will have ICS stock.

When the RAZR gets ICS, will they really allow all of that bloat to be disabled???
I am going to go with probably not. They will probably limit it or disable the feature.

jkfoxworth

Reaction score
Hey guys, with Google purchasing Motorola, wouldn't it make sense that Google would help to push updates quicker and make it so that ICS ran how it was to be intended. I know Verizon has something to say about that but I would think Google would try and push their ideas of how Android should be, even if it's supposed to be ran as a separate company. I was really going to get the Nexus, but if amazon wireless is really going to knock $200.00 off, I think that would be enough of an incentive to wait a month or 2 before ICS gets pushed to it. I really like the build of the Razr but ICS, Vanilla Android and a better camera (Still have Droid 1 and it's horrible) were the reasons to go with Nexus.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Hey guys, with Google purchasing Motorola, wouldn't it make sense that Google would help to push updates quicker and make it so that ICS ran how it was to be intended. I know Verizon has something to say about that but I would think Google would try and push their ideas of how Android should be, even if it's supposed to be ran as a separate company. I was really going to get the Nexus, but if amazon wireless is really going to knock $200.00 off, I think that would be enough of an incentive to wait a month or 2 before ICS gets pushed to it. I really like the build of the Razr but ICS, Vanilla Android and a better camera (Still have Droid 1 and it's horrible) were the reasons to go with Nexus.

Considering that it's running as a separate company and they will still be using Blur I don't think Google will have anything to do with them pushing out updates any sooner. I know I was excited when I first heard Google was buying them, but now I could care less.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score

Well, last I heard Google needs to act like they won't favor Motorola's phones because they need to get past the Department of Justice's approval process for the merger. In practice, I'd expect some speed up for updates to Motos after the merger. Actually, I'm hoping for a lot of positive changes to Moto after the merger...

As far as the camera goes, you might want to check out the RAZR because people are reporting that the camera is good. Someone on these forums mentioned that it was about 1000 times better than the Droid 1 camera. See here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/181729-so-about-camera.html