What's the easiest rooting method?

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Droid one to the X. I've thumbed through posts and its been kind of hard to see what is the smoothert way to root my x.

Would using Z4root and then download what ROM I want be the way to go?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for z4root!!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
yhwhsozo

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
What way is doroot?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I did some checking online to see what was the fastest way to root my DX and even tried some of the one click rooting apps and they didn't work. I happened to do a google search for it and found a vid on youtube walking you thru the whole process. Took about 5 minutes after dl'ing the 3 things needed for it. If you want to try it this way ([video=youtube;_e_Sz4IHjvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_Sz4IHjvI]YouTube - How to Root the Droid X Running 2.2[/video]) this is what I did.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's another way to root. But it doesn't come with a unroot button. z4Root does.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Very true. No unroot button so you would need a terminal emulator from the market to unroot later on if needed. Still that took 5 min to unroot that way this morning for the 2.3 update.

OP
yhwhsozo

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Is the GingerBread update coming to the Droid X? Are there GingerBread ROMs made yet?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You had to dl'd 3 different things for it to root and that's "easier"? Haha! ;)
I rooted 3 Droid Xs today using z4root and they took less than 5 minutes (reboot included). I've created some monsters at work now! Just glad I'm not the only rooted rep at my store now! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes but no leaks just yet.

Is the GingerBread update coming to the Droid X? Are there GingerBread ROMs made yet?

DroidForums junkie!!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
For me it was easier to do it that way. Like I said not one of the 'one touch' apps would root my phone. They all gave the "your phone is rooted" message but I had no superuser icon and no permissions. That's all I meant by easier.

OP
yhwhsozo

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
So after using z4root. Just add whatever ROM I want? For example from ROM manager?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's odd. Whatever works though! :)

For me it was easier to do it that way. Like I said not one of the 'one touch' apps would root my phone. They all gave the "your phone is rooted" message but I had no superuser icon and no permissions. That's all I meant by easier.

DroidForums junkie!!