What's the easiest rooting method?

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
From the old root. I would recommend at least a 60-70% charge before running anything.

I was thinking it was probably a bad download. Make sure you delete the superuser if you haven't already.

DroidForums junkie!!

From the old root? Or after I root?..
I was thinking of doing now, but my battery is at 30%. Should I wait till I have a more significant charge

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!

Yea, when I un-rooted I went ahead and removed it...
The unroot method I found worked really good...I was surprise how easy it was..

EDIT: HAHAHAHA..
THIS IS THREAD I WAS TALKING ABOUT...WHAT A DUMBASS..HAHA

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
From the old root. I would recommend at least a 60-70% charge before running anything.

I was thinking it was probably a bad download. Make sure you delete the superuser if you haven't already.

DroidForums junkie!!

I was thinking of doing now, but my battery is at 30%. Should I wait till I have a more significant charge

DroidForums junkie!!

Updated my phone, the re-rooted
Thanks to u homie...mad respect for ya man!!..
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg314/CTRboss00/Mobile Uploads/snap20101213_191917.png

sent from my hobble satellite

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anytime man!! Glad we got you going!! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

Updated my phone, the re-rooted
Thanks to u homie...mad respect for ya man!!..
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg314/CTRboss00/Mobile Uploads/snap20101213_191917.png

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI - be careful with the language on here...don't want someone like you getting in trouble over something like that you know?

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
FYI - be careful with the language on here...don't want someone like you getting in trouble over something like that you know?

DroidForums junkie!!

My bad,
Hey I gotta question is it alrite to delete the Z4ROOT app..don't want anybody seeing that I have root..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nah bro, you didn't offend me or anything, just looking out for you, that's all.
Yes, you can delete it. Or you could get Launcher Pro to hide it.

DroidForums junkie!!

My bad,
Hey I gotta question is it alrite to delete the Z4ROOT app..don't want anybody seeing that I have root..

DroidForums junkie!!

Big Fate

Reaction score
If you do permanent root you can still unroot right?

Whats the disadvantages if you use temp root?

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I did some checking online to see what was the fastest way to root my DX and even tried some of the one click rooting apps and they didn't work. I happened to do a google search for it and found a vid on youtube walking you thru the whole process. Took about 5 minutes after dl'ing the 3 things needed for it. If you want to try it this way (YouTube - How to Root the Droid X Running 2.2) this is what I did.

It failed for me today when I tried going that route using same video.. I did mine using Linux commands and it worked, only I used the files found on that video.

duvious

Reaction score
Darkslide 4.1. The link below will take you to the first offer over seventy pages of dialog. There are two guys that do it and are very responsive to your questions and suggestions. The ROM is fast and looks damn good.

Happy moding. I have tried several ROMS but nothing compares to it or the support those guys give you. They are BBCrackberry and Gatesjunior.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/5788-rom-darkslide-v4-1-updated-12-14-10-a.html